popsicles

Options
what is alcohol sugar in sugar free popsicles? just wondering if i have to count the 2 sugars. darn i thought they were sugar free

Replies

• cindys0417
    cindys0417 Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    awww not fair...they should be sugar free!
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Googled it Lucy. Long and involved. No better really than sugar itself, but in SMALL doses not really worse either.
    That's what I got out of the explanation.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    You're gonna have to count the sugars! Sugar alcohols are really no better, but they do digest differently than regular sugars. And they have less effect on blood sugar levels in diabetics. Still not something you want to have a lot of.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    The thing with sugar alcohols is... have too many and your gonna have a bad time
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Are you diabetic? Why are you worried about sugar? Your muscles burn that off first. Your body doesn't retain it.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    if its not meat and tastes good it has some kind of sugar in it
  • mama2mila
    Options
    just make your own.... puree some fruit, put it into a popsicle mold.... I'm obsessed with making them!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    if its not meat and tastes good it has some kind of sugar in it

what about fat? fat tastes good
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the answers.. i guess i will count them then. next time will read the food label.i thought since it said sugar free it was. i will finish this box i am not diabetic but since i have been counting sugars i have lost weight. i really think it makes a difference!!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    You're gonna have to count the sugars! Sugar alcohols are really no better, but they do digest differently than regular sugars. And they have less effect on blood sugar levels in diabetics. Still not something you want to have a lot of.

My Endocrinologist told me in regards to sugar alochols either you are a person that digests them like sugar or you don't digest them at all.

If your body doesn't digest them, you are going to get stomach rumbles, bad gas and possibly explosive diahrrea.

I don't consume sugar alcohols because of the latter.