Heart rate monitor

Options
Please recommend a good heart rate monitor. What do you like about the one you recommend? Thanks for any help.

Replies

• schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7

Easy to use and doesnt get interference with other machines...and its waterproof!
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    There are several good threads regarding HRM's. I personally use the Polar FT7. It's accurate, uses the band around my chest to measure heart rate and is easy to use.

Edited to fix typo.
  • ron81008
    ron81008 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I recommend Polar too, my wife has the FT7 and loves it's simplicty and reliability.

I have the RCX5 for multisport and never had a problem.
  • Robyrob33
    Options
    I also use the Polar FT4 and absolutely love it. The chest strap is comfortable, most days I don't even know that it is there.
  • CDG1013
    CDG1013 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Timex Iron Man Road Trainer HRM. Easy to use and watch is water resistent. I had the FT7 but it was flimsy and had probelms with lost communication between chest strap and watch. I wasn't confident that the calorie estimation was accurate since it dropped comms a lot. The chest strap on the timex is much better, I have never observed comm loss, and estimated calorie burn seems accurate (as compared to similar workouts with the FT7 when it didn't lose connection).