Hello World!

Options
Hello,

I am once again working to reduce and redefine who I am physically. To be fair, I've only "attempted" in the past. About 9 years ago, my last husband left me for another woman (all 3 husbands have done so). I decided to take a good long look at who I was and where I wanted to go with my adult life. It was both distressing to see how I had handled my life and startling to discover I had no idea who I was.

Many steps through my 'recovery process' later, I now find myself a single adult college graduate (with grown children) heading out into the big, wide world for the first time as who I might really be. One of the last two things on my 'self repair' project is my weight. An old friend recently posted that he achieved amazing results with the help of this site. I was inspired to begin my own journey based on his story.

Being on a 'see food' diet has always resulted in my weight being problematic. Being self-conscious of my appearance has always made working out in public difficult. What I am hoping to accomplish by joining this 'self-help' site is to:

* learn what appropriate food portions are for my desired weight,
* learn what fitness program is required for me to enjoy the occasional dessert at my desired weight, and
* learn how to live a consciously healthy lifestyle with a minimum of fuss.

Knowing my Self as a I do, I'm sure the consistent feedback of the food log will make a dramatic difference in my food intake. The accountability of the exercise log I'm hoping will inspire me to watch the exercise line go up as the weight line goes down. Being ADHD the graphs make all the difference.

If this resonates with you, please tell me your story. I'd like to gather as many new friends as possible.