Les Mills Body Combat

Options
Has anyone tried this, and what are ur thoughts?

Replies

• sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Guess Not.... :(
  • Chrisswa
    Options
    I have never done it (not sure if my old bones can handle it) but we did a snippet of it in a Les Mills Launch and it looked awesome. Its very high impact you would burn tonnes of calories :)
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I gave it a try when I had an injury preventing me from running for my cardio. I had fun, looked ridiculous, and broke a decent sweat. I still prefer spinning for my cardio classes though.
  • ingies2011
    ingies2011 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have done it a couple of times, it is ok but I much rather do body attack. I am doing combat later today.
  • sharonfincher1
    Options
    Thank you!!! It's new at out gym and I am looking for some new class to change things up a bit that is similar to kickboxing...
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    I have a friend a couple years younger than me that used this to shed a ton of weight and she is now a certified instructor. She swear by it.
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I am 43 years old and have back issues yet I LOVE Les Mills!
  • atag22
    Options
    I dont do the Body Combat but the GRIT - have been for the last 2 months and I am addicted.
    It is 30 minutes of HIIT that absolutely blows me away....I am spent after the course but I feel great the whole day.

Since I have been doing this 3 times a week, I also do the fat burner program on my AMT at home on alternative days, reduced my intake (mostly) to 1300 calories and have lost 18 pound - feeling great.

I also have done the Body Pump class a couple of times, however this is not as intensive and leaves me wanting more.
  • SAGR2
    SAGR2 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I like Attack, Combat and Pump in that order but I really like them all. Jam is fun but they stopped doing it at my gym and Balance is also a nice calming class. I and my two daughters do all of these, one daughter instructs them all, but our favourite is Attack. Combat comes a close second but is a bit more tricky in the choreography for me. Should be easy for someone with any kind of 'combat' background like kick boxing.
  • I do a class once a week and I always look forward to it! I took both taekwondo and kickboxing for less than a year when I was young and found I was already very familiar with most of the moves.

It's a great workout and a great stress buster :)
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I do it a couple times per week and I love it. Definitely recommend :smile:
  • GemmaMcIntosh
    Options
    I LOVE Body Combat! LOVE IT! I started doing it about 5 years ago and toned up so much and my arms and back got so much stronger - but I stopped last year when I went travelling, that's where it all went bad and the weight went on. But I'm back into it and am starting to feel stonger again. Oh how I missed it! I definitely reccommend it. :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I LOVED it!! I was doing it regularly for a while. I love fighting. But, I had to stop because it was too much impact for my knees for too long of a time frame (I have old injuries) and I am a dancer, so I need to pick and choose what I do wisely and make sure I get rests to be able to dance (so I don't do aerobic classes).
  • chcoley
    chcoley Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm a Combat regular. LOVE it. I burn between 500-700 calories, depending on which tracks we do. It's worked wonders on my legs and shoulders!!! It's a great workout and a lot of fun!
  • GemmaMcIntosh
    Options
    I like Attack, Combat and Pump in that order but I really like them all. Jam is fun but they stopped doing it at my gym and Balance is also a nice calming class. I and my two daughters do all of these, one daughter instructs them all, but our favourite is Attack. Combat comes a close second but is a bit more tricky in the choreography for me. Should be easy for someone with any kind of 'combat' background like kick boxing.

Jam is fun isn't it? I don't find it as intense as Combat but man it's fun to dance around for fitness! There used to be a class in my town but it stopped a couple of years ago, hoping it comes back now that we have a proper Les Mills based gym. Fingers crossed.
  • sharonfincher1
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I am trying it for the first time tomorrow
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite classes!
  • journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I do Body Combat when it's offered at my gym as a class. I really liked the last release we did because we incorporated some different fighting styles, such as Capeoria (I think that's how you spell it). Now I know it won't make you a martial arts expert, but I'm always pouring with sweat when I do it. If you have a good teacher that focuses on good technique, then it's a good workout.
  • pstansel74
    pstansel74 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've done the Combat DVD that comes as part of Les Mills Pump. It's pretty intense. Beachbody is releasing a full Les Mills Combat program in December, you can find groups on Facebook for it. Looks very intense.
  • Bex2Bslim
    Bex2Bslim Posts: 1,092
    Options
    I was addicted to Combat and lost a lot of weight whilst doing it, I had a knee injury and stopped and now I've put weight back on. I'm doing the Great North Run on Sunday, and as soon as I'm recovered I'll be back at the gym for Combat, I LOVE IT!!!