Gym Costs- Denver

Options
Hi!
Just wondering, how much do y'all pay per month for gym memberships, especially those of you in the Denver area? I've been considering re-joining the gym, but I am trying to decide if the costs are worth it. The lowest I have found is $30/ month for 24 Hour Fitness. Can anyone beat that?? Any recommendations of good gyms in the S.E. Denver area?

THANKS!

Replies

• sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Not sure if there is a Better Bodies in your area but I was paying $10 a month and that included all classes. Planet fitness is cheap but they don't have classes. Have you checked out your local rec center?
  • kwilson18
    kwilson18 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been here 8 months now. For me the biggest factor is how close the gym is. I initially joined a Colorado Athletic Club branch- beautiful facilities and it was very close to the apartment I was in, but SO expensive ($120/month!). We moved, and I just joined 24 hour fitness; there's one close to my house (SE Denver, Tiffany Plaza next to Whole Paycheck), and one in Littleton where my son fences. So it's really convenient, if a little less posh. I haven't heard of anything cheaper, and you can go to any of the "sport" level places. I have heard rumors that Costco sells a 24 fitness membership that works out to $25/month but I haven't seen it myself.
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I pay $29 for my 24 hour fitness membership.

I love it there - there are quite a few locations, so it's very convenient! I love the classes at my main gym but am kind of intimidated by the weights there, so I lift at a smaller location that is near my work. I really like 24 hour! And as far as I've seen, $30ish is about as cheap as they go - watch the website for a few weeks though and see if they drop the price or a do a special (that's how I got mine!)
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    ALSO - If you have not joined the Colorado specific MFP group, you should do that right now! Here is the link, we'd love to have you!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/53-mile-high-mfp
  • SillyShananigans
    SillyShananigans Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been here 8 months now. For me the biggest factor is how close the gym is. I initially joined a Colorado Athletic Club branch- beautiful facilities and it was very close to the apartment I was in, but SO expensive ($120/month!). We moved, and I just joined 24 hour fitness; there's one close to my house (SE Denver, Tiffany Plaza next to Whole Paycheck), and one in Littleton where my son fences. So it's really convenient, if a little less posh. I haven't heard of anything cheaper, and you can go to any of the "sport" level places. I have heard rumors that Costco sells a 24 fitness membership that works out to $25/month but I haven't seen it myself.

Costco does sell 24 fitness memberships - that's where I bought mine :) It works out to be about $14/month, but the catch is it's a 3-year commitment (they might have 2-year, I can't recall off-hand...). You just grab a placard for 24, bring it to a cashier, and they give you what's basically a voucher that you then either bring to 24 or can register online. And as an added PS - I also go to the Tiffany Plaza location because I live in the Southmoor Park area! Anyways, hope that info helps in your gym quest!