light/mod house cleaning

Options
Do/would you count it as exercise?

Replies

• LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I don't no, to me that's included in my activity level as 'lightly active'.

If you're set as 'sedentary' then you possibly could.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I consider it normally daily activity so I don't count it.
  • TabethaH5
    Options
    I am light active. But I dont "clean" everyday. But today I wore my HRM and I got my hr up to 145-150. I was sweating up a storm. so I counted it today. But I was wondering if I should do something else as my exercise?
  • SheRa1964
    Options
    Yes I do. I am a housecleaner (I own my own business) part time and believe me I burn major calories when I clean. If it makes you sweat I'd definitely count it!
  • SheRa1964
    Options
    If you aren't too sore and tired (when I clean a house it's usually a 3 hour deal) then sure do something else too!
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Yes I do. I am a housecleaner (I own my own business) part time and believe me I burn major calories when I clean. If it makes you sweat I'd definitely count it!

I'd include that as your activity level though same with other people in active jobs such as construction, nursing, etc.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    If you sweat while cleaning for the same amount of time you would sweat in a workout then I'd count it.

I wouldn't normally count my cleaning but I do when I put a lot of physical labor into it and work up a good sweat (i.e. I counted some last week when I spent over an hour vacuuming and mopping half of my house and had to catch my breath at the end).
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options

I'd include that as your activity level though same with other people in active jobs such as construction, nursing, etc.

I agree with this... my setting is sedentary because I work at a desk all day but if I cleaned for a living then I'd just count myself as more active than that.