Man - 1 Year 50+ lbs. and 6" in waist

One year ago I started to slowly lose weight. After 30 pounds of weight loss, I decided that it was time to get serious about losing weight. Since making that decision I have lost 20 pounds in the last 2 months by eating right and exercising 5 days a week. I started exercising by walking 30 minutes a day and now I can run a 5K 3 times a week. I just started insanity a few days ago and hope to see another 20 pounds loss in the next 2 months.

Also, a year ago I was buying size 44" pants and this weekend I bought 2 pair of size 38" pants. Total I have lost 55 pounds, and I have about 50 pounds more to go. This is my first post, so I don't know if my picture will work or not. If it doesn't my profile picture shows the before and after of 55 lbs. lost. (I put on a little weight after being out of town this weekend, but I'll take it off this week!)

24 Years Old
5' 9"
256 lbs

99qqns.jpg

Replies

• BeanyFrog13
    BeanyFrog13 Posts: 161 Member
    That's awesome! Well done! :D
  • kashmyre
    kashmyre Posts: 105 Member
    One year ago I started to slowly lose weight. After 30 pounds of weight loss, I decided that it was time to get serious about losing weight. Since making that decision I have lost 20 pounds in the last 2 months by eating right and exercising 5 days a week. I started exercising by walking 30 minutes a day and now I can run a 5K 3 times a week. I just started insanity a few days ago and hope to see another 20 pounds loss in the next 2 months.

Also, a year ago I was buying size 44" pants and this weekend I bought 2 pair of size 38" pants. Total I have lost 50 pounds, and I have about 50 pounds more to go. This is my first post, so I don't know if my picture will work or not. If it doesn't my profile picture shows the before and after of 50 lbs. lost.

311vs2561Year.jpg

Hopefully that fixes it. - Nope looks like you moved the pic.

Oh, and congratulations!!
  • You look great :) Good Job!!!
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Mighty awesome! You "getting serious" has paid off. Congrats!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    You look GREAT!! And you even look YOUNGER!! Congrats on your journey so far!
  • rocketass99
    rocketass99 Posts: 537 Member
    You have done an awesome job
  • Awesome!
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    You're on an amazing journey. Averaging a pound per week for a year shows incredible dedication to your program. Isn't the body amazing and glorious? look how you've come from walking a bit to running 5K a few days each week. I hope you can keep up the progress. It is inevitable that little slips happen but, as you've seen, get right back on the program and keep going. Great job.
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Fantastic! Keep on rockin, this body transformation ride is awesome. :smile:
  • Snitch1
    Snitch1 Posts: 201 Member
    Hey Guy..you are one cutie..
    love the smile..b
    But it has changed..
    Ohh..it has reached your eye's now!!!!!

You are truly a dedicated young man, and this is one of life's hardest things to do (it is for me anyway) Congratulations!!God Bless you and your good health!
    Sister Nicolette
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,218 Member
    wow! great transformation. keep it up
  • m23gm25
    m23gm25 Posts: 157
    CONGRATULATIONS! You look great keep up the good work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!