I dont want to eat my exercise!

Options
Hello, is there a way to log the calories burnt each day to my diary but without the extra calories being added to my daily allowance? I want to see the amount burnt to show for motivational purposes but don't want then to be confused with my basic allowance. basically I don't want to eat the extra calories I have gained though exercise. Can this be changed in the settings?
thanks Kit

Replies

• tinad120
    tinad120 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    When you enter in your exercise, you can change the calories burnt to 1.
  • Fiona_Bullough
    Fiona_Bullough Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    How about just putting it in the 'Notes' at the bottom?
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    The way MFP is set up, the deficit below TDEE you choose (ie 1 lb weight loss per week=500) comes exclusively from eating 500 less calories. The default deficit does not include exercise calories, which is why your daily goal increases when you log exercise and you get the message you have earned X calories through exercise. Thus, if you wish to maintain a 500 sum deficit, then you need to eat back the calories you burned from exercise. If your wish is motivational, then just think of it as you are faithfully adhering to the plan you established.
  • iluvco3
    iluvco3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I put it at the bottom of the page where FOOD NOTES go. I want to see them along with my food diary.

Ex. Jazzercise class #178 - 1 hour

Calories burned - 398
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I always just wait to log exercise until after I've logged my food so that it doesn't mess me up.
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    So...don't eat them. Regardless of how many calories MFP says you have remaining, eat your allowance. Just don't even pay attention to the green number--look only at the number under "Food." I would be careful, though; whether or not the hivemind agrees that starvation mode is or isn't a thing this week, if you're netting 400 calories, you probably won't feel great. So don't beat yourself up for feeling hungry after you eat 1200 calories and burn 800.