Too many left over calories!

Options
Now that I started counting my calories, I have been WAY under what I should be at. Just today, I had 900 calories left over! :noway:

I mean, I had cereal for breakfast, spag. sauce on spinach for lunch (don't laugh, it is SO good,) and for dinner I had chicken soup. Two coke zeros, and a granola bar for a snack this afternoon.

Should I lower the amount of calories I intake, so I am closer to that amount, or should I try to eat all my calories?? I don't really know too much about what to do! :frown:

Replies

• hmrsimpsonzealot
    Options
    Now that I started counting my calories, I have been WAY under what I should be at. Just today, I had 900 calories left over! :noway:

I mean, I had cereal for breakfast, spag. sauce on spinach for lunch (don't laugh, it is SO good,) and for dinner I had chicken soup. Two coke zeros, and a granola bar for a snack this afternoon.

Should I lower the amount of calories I intake, so I am closer to that amount, or should I try to eat all my calories?? I don't really know too much about what to do! :frown:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Try eating 2 snacks a day. Try a handfull of almonds or apple with a couple of tbls of natural peanut butter. Try loosing the coke zeros and replace it with a green tea or water with crystal light in it.
    What kind of cereal are you eatting?

A serving of almonds is around 235 calories-2 servings a day is close is going to be around 480 extra calories.

Maybe add some whole wheat pasta to your sauce and spin. That will also help.

Good luck to you.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Those are tiny little meals.

Either add the 2 snacks, like the smart "icandoit" says above. . .or think of adding two small meals. When I first started eating well I felt like eating was my job.

I eat something about every three hours now. And, I'm considering building a shrine in my kitchen to whoever invented the apple with peanut butter. (or also very good. . .almond butter)

A low calorie day here and there won't hurt you, but make sure you don't make a habit of eating that little.:flowerforyou:
  • markfloyd
    markfloyd Posts: 69
    Options
    Add a smoothie in their somewhere.

3/4 Cup low fat milk
    1 Packet of plain Oatmeal (nuked in water or milk)
    1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
    1 cup of berries

Blend it well and drink up!!