When did your 2 Belly's Become 1?

Options

Replies

• MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Being the glutton for punishment I am, I google image searched both...

Oh my!

Me too!! I had to look :noway:
  • larnsperger
    larnsperger Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    OMG 53 and I could have lived the rest of my days without ever knowing what those two terms referred to. HYSTERICAL conversation. I don't know what the answer is but I do know good genetics play a huge role in how well your skin snaps back after major weight loss. After c-sections there are just some things you learn to live with and it's not the end of the world. I'm big on planks for core strength.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Fupa and gunt look the same to me :huh:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    The 2 Belly people aren't as common as the one belly people. I haven't seen my belly button in years. Maybe were like a rare sect of belly birds. Yeah the gunt/fupa whatever it is needs to go too. So technically I'm a 3 belly person. I am belly! Bet well be visiting Mr. Surgeon to take care of this situation. Oh hail the two belly people!
  • fbordayo
    Options
    i had to google "fupa" too lol and uhhhh i shouldnt have
  • haydensmommy30
    Options
    I too dream of 1 belly days!! :sad:
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I love this community and if it is only to learn, that there are more people out there who have 2 Bellys like me!
    Sometimes I felt like I am the only persone with such a belly problem, all the others seem to just have one big belly problem.

On second thought maybe they are just better in hiding it.

Well I am going to work on this... no idea how, but it has got to come off eventually!
  • moonmistmm
    moonmistmm Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I was pretty sure that I only had one belly since I'm only twenty five pounds overweight or so, but now I'm not so sure! Hopefully by the end of this I'll just have abs!

I'm too scared to google image search them!
  • Csitri
    Csitri Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump like to see answers to this one
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The way you lose the belly, is just overall body fat loss. This is best done by eating 20% below your TDEE and do a lot of heavy weight training (like you fail at 10 reps or less).
  • MizzTweezy
    MizzTweezy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Okay, now I'm depressed. For one, I googled FUPA and clicked on images: Ugggh!

For two, you lost 95 (!!) pounds and still have 2 bellies? That means there's absolutely no hope for me then...

Are you targeting that area with Ab workouts or anything? I keep wondering if I need to do that... I'm still really new in the process though, so afraid to make too many changes just yet. But I'm thinking to make my double-belly go away, I'll need to do some crunches or something beyond just walking/running/elliptical?

No I should start working on toning, the only toning i did was the 30 day shred at one point, it helped a little... Maybe I should do that a few times a week... I was just hoping it would go away on it's own.. hahahaha... guess not :(
  • debjae
    debjae Posts: 242
    Options
    I had to google:laugh:
  • AlexandraLynch
    Options
    Mine haven't moved seriously yet, but I'm still pretty early in the process.

I'm assuming that thanks to having three large babies I carried all in front plus being fat that some of the ab skin just won't shrink back and I'll have to have surgery to take it off. Which is fine.
  • hellokitty41489
    Options
    I seriously thought I was the only one in the world with two bellies! I'm curious to see some of the answers; so far after 47lbs lost I still very much have two bellies :(
  • sbaldino29
    sbaldino29 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've learned more today than in anatomy class
  • camelgirlmn
    camelgirlmn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I really didnt need to know what a FUpA or a GUnt was and now i know what both are and what they look like....ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    OMG I have a FUPA :huh: :sad:
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    AAAAAAAAAh is your belly button sad?? Mine is sad. That's how I describe the way it looks. LOL It's a tad droopy.. :frown:

Anyhow, I have noticed that since doing some strength training it has helped to "lift" my belly. I used to have this "flap" of skin in the area of my belly that would be above my thighs... not entirely sure what it's called... but basically I had this "hang over" above my thighs. It has lifted and gotten better. Not 100% mind you, but still... better. My doctor told me lots of lotion, lots of water, and calcium (so if you aren't lactose intolerant, drink your milk! and if you are... well, get your calcium in in other forms! lol). :) Hope that helped a little.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Okay, now I'm depressed. For one, I googled FUPA and clicked on images: Ugggh!

For two, you lost 95 (!!) pounds and still have 2 bellies? That means there's absolutely no hope for me then...

Are you targeting that area with Ab workouts or anything? I keep wondering if I need to do that... I'm still really new in the process though, so afraid to make too many changes just yet. But I'm thinking to make my double-belly go away, I'll need to do some crunches or something beyond just walking/running/elliptical?

No I should start working on toning, the only toning i did was the 30 day shred at one point, it helped a little... Maybe I should do that a few times a week... I was just hoping it would go away on it's own.. hahahaha... guess not :(

You'd be better off with a program like chalean extreme, p90x, strong lift 5x5 or NROLFW. All weight training centric and will improve fat loss.
  • MizzTweezy
    MizzTweezy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I will look into them :)