ONE VRS THE OTHER

Options
CAN ANYONE HELP ME I HAVE DONE WEIGHT WATCHERS FOR YEARS AND JUST YOYO BACK AND FORTH FOR OVER A YEAR NOW BETWEEN LIKE 8 POUNDS NOT GETTING TO GOAL,,, HAS ANYONE DONE WW AND NOW DOING MY FITNESS PAL AND HOW DOES IT COMPARE,,, THANK YOU

Replies

• melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    As far as I'm concerned, Weight Watchers is a scam. I've done it 3 times and ALWAYS gain the weight back. Probably because they teach you to eat whatever you want in moderation instead of teaching you to eat healthy foods in normal portions... not to mention the overprocessed junk food they've branded to sell in supermarkets.

MFP allows you to eat what you want, when you want it and directly see the impact of your decisions. There are no "rules", you govern your own eating habits and you face the consequences when you make poor decisions - that's it. The tracker and suggestions are simply a guide but good nutrition is ultimately up to you and not as difficult as it seems with all of the amazing resources available simply through other memebers' advice.
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    If we thought Weight Watchers was better, why would we be here? Think about it.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Please stop YELLING, you are scaring me :sad:
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I have done WW before and had success but I always gained it back. I didn't feel I was learning anything about healthy eating.

I am not perfect now, but I am learning a new lifestyle, not a diet that will end at some point.

I have lost more weight on MFP, kept to it longer, and haven't gained any back. I have many a struggle, but I just seem more aware on MFP then WW.

Good luck.

ETA - ok I have gained up to 5lbs back but that is always associated with some sort of holiday
  • ElleBee66
    ElleBee66 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Most people who do weight watchers or any of the other similar diet types do gain it back which is why WW remains in business. The only way to lose it long term is to educate yourself about your food choices and learn to make better ones.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Have done both. I'm here to stay. Why throw a bunch of money at WW when you can be here for free and get better results?!