Question about back positioning

Hi all,

Wondering, I love this workout video I'm using but when he does crunches or V-Ups I have a hard time keeping my back on the floor like he says to..you know not to arch it. Any suggestions?

Thanks a million!

Replies

• Class one, do you have a recliner, loveseat, couch? while laying on carpet is best put your legs up on the couch, butt next to the couch and cross your heart with your arms, lay you back flat on the floor, get comfy, relax and take deep breaths. Ok now lift your shoulders up only 4 to 5 inches hold for a count of 5 at first work up to 15, slowly lower back down to the ground then relax, when you are relaxing breath deep, repeat for 5 to10 reps you will work up to 15. Then to do the side lats take your hands and put them to their shoulders they are attached too, now reach for the oppisite knee to touch. right hand on left knee, you should be off the floor with you back a little, hold to the count of 5 and relax, Remember when you are relaxing breath deep, now do it to the other knee with the left hand. By the way the deep breaths helps burn calories too and helps you with energy and thinking. Keep in mind this is for less stress on the back and is just as affective as some of those other adominal work out.

You will get to the point that you will be able to do this with your elbows instead of your hands, but that is in the advanced class.

lol i use to be a trainer at a gym and body builder when I was younger:

blushing: Hugs