Do I need to eat all my calories....

xcountrycheetah
xcountrycheetah Posts: 5
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
to be the most successful? I have a fairly active job and MFP says I should eat 1400 calories. I'm 5'4, 118lbs, and have it set to work out 3 times/week for 30 min to start out with. I've previously been lazy and haven't worked out and just restricted my calories to keep from gaining weight which I realize isn't healthy to only consume 1000 calories a day. Even when I was working out some I didn't eat 1400 calories. Do I need to eat the calories to build muscle? I'm just worried that if I start eating that many calories, I'm going to end up gaining fat intead of building muscle.

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    How about you try it and see what happens? No one can predict how your body will react to 1400 cals a day, not even you. In general it makes life easier if you start with more so you have room to decrease them if necessary.
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    How about you try it and see what happens? No one can predict how your body will react to 1400 cals a day, not even you. In general it makes life easier if you start with more so you have room to decrease them if necessary.

Well said!!
This discussion has been closed.