Just getting started. Alot of questions

Options
Started last week and down 5lbs. Long way to go.

Replies

• linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    So what are your question?

What did you do to lose 5lbs in one week?!
  • dgyorfi
    Options
    Great job on the first 5lbs! Stick with it and remember to keep yourself accountable on here!
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I somehow thought there would be questions. :noway:
  • dustnm
    Options
    Hey 5 lbs is 5 lbs, that's a loss and that's great!

I was reading your profile and you said your metabolism is slow. I know a lot of people (Myself included) who claim that same problem. Granted some people seem to have amazing metabolisms that let them eat 10,000 calories a day and not gain a pound.

But for the rest of us there are some helpful tips to keep the fire burning.

1. Drink at least 8 cups of water per day. This cannot be said enough, every function in your body relies on water to move things a long. Studies have also shown that people who drink a cup of water will see a slight metabolism boost for the next hour or so.

2. Don't skip meals. A lot of people have the habit of eating heavily for one meal, usually dinner, and very light / not at all for other meals, usually breakfast. The problem with this is that your body goes into "Hoarding" mode. If you aren't eating regular amounts throughout the day your body will think that it doesn't have a reliable food supply and will cling to every bit of fat you have for future energy needs.

Also another note on that one. Your metabolism is slowest when you first wake up, make sure you eat something right away to get your body moving again!

3. Don't starve yourself! Most people make the mistake of eating too few calories. The fact of the matter is that if you want to lose weight (the healthy way), you need to eat enough calories to fuel your body, but not too many that you end up with excess energy that gets stored as fat for later. If you aren't sure how many calories to eat, here's a link to a basic calculator that can help.

http://www.kriskris.com/how-many-calories-should-i-eat-a-day/

There's more but most of it is obvious after that. Get plenty of sleep and plenty of exercise.

And if you already knew all that then sorry I wasted your time reading it all over again.
  • GamerGurl729
    GamerGurl729 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new too. Way to go on the first 5 lbs; that's an incredible achievement. How did you do it?
  • tjohnson1920
    Options
    Congrats on the 5lbs! Let me know what you did to loose five pounds!
  • txdahl
    txdahl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Great job! Feel free to add me, the motivation here has been so amazing for me to keep going.