Healthy Choice

Options
I just wanna give props to Healthy Choice!
For the longest time, I have enjoyed Healthy Choice frozen meals. One day I decided to try Lean Cuisine, and Smart Ones, and couldn't believe how high they are in sodium. It's ridiculous. Then I compared them to Healthy Choice. HC has half the sodium of LC & SO's. How can weight watchers tout their product as "HEALTHY" when there's 700-1000 sodium per meal? Shame on them!
Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers usually have 600 or less. I am in love with my fast food again! Their Asian Inspired ones are amazing. I would love to eat these 2 meals a day.

Anyway, I ramble now. I just wanted to say if you have to eat a frozen meal for lunch, choose HC, cuz they're AWESOME!

Replies

• April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Just keep in mind that's still processed food.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Indeed. I'm not a huge fan of frozen meals but Kroger had a deal on Lean Cuisines a few months ago that I couldn't pass up. I have "oh crap!" mornings when I realize I have nothing fast to take to work for lunch & those are the mornings I grab a Lean Cuisine. This morning was one of those mornings. My Lean Cuisine, however, had 540mg sodium (which is still a significant amount) but I don't think any of the ones I've had recently have had over 700mg of sodium. :wink: Maybe I just choose the lower sodium meals by chance?
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    The HC meal I had today only had 380 sodium. That's less than most of the stuff I cook by myself!
  • mavsfan2009
    mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I love lean cuisine, but I'm not a huge fan of HC. I feel like they leave me STARVING after I eat them. Either way, microwavable meals are a great lunchtime choice, especially if the alternative is eating out (money and health-wise). Keep on enjoying them!
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    Healthy Choice is good. Have you ever tried Kashi meals? There my faves because I trust the brand to exclude everything artificial and try to make a truly healthy option. Now don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of whole, clean, unprocessed, as organic as possible, eating... but if I need a microwavable meal in a pinch, I'm a big fan of Kashi meals... and TLC bars... and cereal... :wink:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I will look into Kashi next weekend when we go grocery shopping.

I found myself hungry after Lean Cuisine & Smart Ones, but rarely hungry after HC. Go figure!