Overhaul needed! Advice!

Options
Just a little background

As you can tell by my ticker below I have lost a lot of weight. I am almost to my high school weight during my high school days I was very fit. Even though I am close to the same weight I am not even close to being physically fit like I was. What I mean by physically fit is muscle tone and cardio. I have done most my journey by eating right and doing very little exercise.

So here is the problem…

I drew a special permit for a bull elk here in my state, Montana. I am very competitive and I really want to be in better shape before hiking everywhere. I depend on venison as my main source of protein but I also want to get the BIG ONE since I am in a stellar area.

What program…

What program would you suggest to kick my *kitten* in 2 months to prepare for this??

Thanks for all the help in advance!

Replies

• lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Start hiking now girl!! ....or walking, jogging, ride a bike, join a gym, invest in some exercise DVD's. Find something that you like and stick to it! I like Leslie Sansone's walk at home DVD's and Jillian Michaels DVD's. YOu can also find free workouts on YOUtube or Bodyrock tv.
  • montanadanni
    montanadanni Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Start hiking now girl!! ....or walking, jogging, ride a bike, join a gym, invest in some exercise DVD's. Find something that you like and stick to it! I like Leslie Sansone's walk at home DVD's and Jillian Michaels DVD's. YOu can also find free workouts on YOUtube or Bodyrock tv.

I would love to start hiking but I work long hours and would prefer something either at home or at the gym on my way home. Is there a certain Jillian Michael's CD you would suggest?
  • preachermomma37
    Options
    I haven't tried it myself, but have friends that swear by P90X and all the others by Beach Body. You just strike me as the type that will like it because of your athleticism.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Walk the 15% incline on the treadmill... I think it is fairly similar to walking/hiking up hill.
  • dpmaiden
    Options
    If I were you I would try out the local CrossFit down there (check them out online) if you want to get in awesome physical shape, that is best way to do it. The difference I felt from working out at CF for 3 months prior to hunting season last year was AMAZING, the hiking was completely different. I highly recommend it.
  • montanadanni
    Options
    If I were you I would try out the local CrossFit down there (check them out online) if you want to get in awesome physical shape, that is best way to do it. The difference I felt from working out at CF for 3 months prior to hunting season last year was AMAZING, the hiking was completely different. I highly recommend it.

OOO that sounds nice i will look into it for sure:)
  • montanadanni
    Options
    I looked at Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and really liked the reviews. I might have to do that with something added into it for more cardio.