NSV, sorta.

Options
Soooo... I am idiot and got a bad sunburn from not very as careful as I should.
Now I'm in too much pain to work out.
In the past I would have thought "Sweet, this is a great excuse." I would have milked it for sure. Now I feel sad. And since I am starting to see results I'm worried about how long I will be out of commission.
But realllllllly. I never would have thought I would EVER say "I miss working out."

Replies

• Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    That is excellent progress. Changing your mindset is one of the hardest things to do
  • missypoo1974
    Options
    It's great that you are sad about not being able to work out. Take some ibuprofen....it should help some with the pain and swelling that comes with sun burns. I hope you feel better soon!
  • dawLs
    dawLs Posts: 84
    Options
    Yeah, I have been popping Ibuprofen and covering my body in some smelly cream my roommate bought me. The worst right now is the tingling. It is like having painful pins and needles all down my back. At least my fever seems to be gone now. I've been stuck in bed for two days now. I just wanna run around!!!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    That's a GREAT NSV! It shows that it's more of a lifestyle change than just a quick and dirty way to lose a few pounds. :) Great mindset! and I hope you're not in too much pain for long so you can get back to the exercise you're missing :)
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I'm worried about how long I will be out of commission.
    But realllllllly. I never would have thought I would EVER say "I miss working out."

As a ginger that burns within 5 minuets of contact with sunlight, the worst sunburn I can possibly imagine shouldn't keep you from working out for more than 3 days tops. It may not be very comfortable but you should easily be able to work through it.

edit: I looked at your pictures you are as light as I am, i'd still say about 3 no more than 5.
  • hunter624
    Options
    Try vinegar, cider vinegar takes the sting out of sunburn.

2 teaspoons in a cup of water and dab on efected areas.

Yes you'll smell like a fish and chip shop , but only for a few moments.

comes from a book called 1001 things you can do with vinegar.
  • mercymarque
    Options
    Exercise = energy=Adrenaline. I exercise everyday and love it. Some will say you need a day off. I do cardio everyday and do strengh training every other day. I don't know where your sunburn is but I'm sure you can get a nice fast past walk in. I hope that helps.... Good luck.
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Seeing that you have red hair I'm surprised that you didn't spontaneously combust when you had direct contact with sunlight!

Take a bath in Aveeno and you'll feel better.
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I understand the feeling. Doesn't it feel great to know that you have developed a healthy habit, though? Good for you! :flowerforyou:

Can you swim for your workout while your sunburn heals?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!