new here! hello everyone!

Options
Hi everybody!

I am new to this site, and frankly dieting in general. I am not overweight and never have been, but just frustrated about some recent weight I have put on. I got married about 4 months ago and started a desk job right after our honeymoon, and the weight has just been piling on since then! I am tired of it, and I just don't feel as confident about myself as I used to. I would like to lose 15 pounds!

I started this site last week and i am completely shocked when i started to input my food every day! I started working out last month and work out about 2 times a week, sometimes 3. My food choices have already changed in the past week and I am glad to see my diet changing! I lost four pounds last week from mon-fri, but gained it all back by today. I am pretty bummed about it. i have seen a lot of people saying that you need to pace yourself or the weight will come back on, which is what i think may have happened. This website told me to take in 1200 calories a day and i have pretty much stuck to that, which is why i am frustrated.

i dont know if i am just jumping the gun with my frustration, or if anyone would have some advice! i would appreciate any help!!!! Thanks everyone :)

Replies

• lady_of_steele
    lady_of_steele Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome Nicole! I can relate entirely. My suggested caloric total for the day is 1200, and I did that for a few weeks before I saw the weight start to fall. I thought I wasn't doing something right, and it turns out I was: I wasn't drinking NEARLY enough water, which your body really needs to metabolize fat. Turns out, once I started drinking 6-8 cups a day, I started losing about 2 pounds a week. Give it a try, and wait a few weeks before you start evaluating your situation.

Best of luck, and congratulations on your marriage!
  • nicolewarner
    Options
    Thank you!
    The past couple weeks I have been drinking an average of 6 cups of water a day at work. I bought one of those huge smartwater bottles and having it right next to me is making me drink so much more! I know i need to be patient and consistent with my diet, but i am just so fed up with how i look. i guess i want an instant change lol. I was drinking a glass of wine a couple nights a week, which i know has a lot of calories. i cut back and only have maybe one glass on the weekend, so i hope that heps too! i know it is going to take time! encouragement is so helpful and i really appreciate it :)
  • breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Options
    You made to change up the 1200 calories, some people need 1400, at 1200 your body may not be happy. Plus it could just be holding out I do that, at the start I lost inches but the pounds stuck with me, then one week I lost 4 lbs and have been loosing regularly from then on. Learn your body and watch hidden sodium!!!
  • nicolewarner
    Options
    Thanks for all your support! I kept it up (with a little leniance during the weekend, but not too bad!) and i lost the four pounds again! I feel like i can see more of a difference this time, which makes me think that I am on my way down! I think i need to invest in a tape measurer so i can see the number differences. i am so excited! Thanks again everyone!