What's your favourite weekend breakfast?

So, it's Wednesday evening, thoughts are slowly turning to the weekend and the grocery list that I need to buy before it. I know I can have a nice, slow start on Saturday morning and I'm going to have some me time. Question is: What is your favourite low-cal, bit-of-a-treat weekend breakfast (and its calories!)?

Helen.

Replies

• hmparkin23
    hmparkin23 Posts: 91 Member
    Bump. Anyone?
  • i_am_asparagus
    i_am_asparagus Posts: 336 Member
    Protein pancakes, 261 cals. Mix 3 medium egg whites, 30g apple sauce, 25g protein powder, 25g oats and 1 tsp baking powder. To keep cals low cook with 1 cal spray and top with berries.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Same as the rest of the week - oats and whey. Occasionally during the drop one scroop of whey from the usual two and have 3 egg whites instead and make pancakes... but no binging or anything on junk or fry ups etc...
  • Slice of Bergen soya and linseed bread around 124 cals with marmite around 10 cals and a poached egg on top around 70 for a medium egg :-)

Delish but you have to like marmite :laugh:
  • estitom
    estitom Posts: 205 Member
    Croissants or scones. Delicious :love:
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Soft boiled egg with either marmite sodiers, or if I'm keeping carbs low, asparagus spears to dip in!
  • annemckee
    annemckee Posts: 170 Member
    Sourdough toast, spinach leaves and 2 poached eggs. Around 400 calories with spread on the toast.
  • Hssh1988
    Hssh1988 Posts: 48 Member
    Eggs, eggs, EGGS. And bacon / smoked salmon with naughty white bread or crumpets and lurpak!
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Well i don't genrally diet on a weekend so on a Saturday i have either a bacon and egg sandwhich or sausage and egg ... Mmmm :tongue:
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Sausage butty's with red sauce :)
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Eggs. Either soft boiled with toasted soldiers, or poached on an english muffin with salmon/spinach and maybe a lil hollandaise.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    bacon and eggs with either an english muffin or a slice of wheat toast. bacon = 60 cals, egg = 70 cals for 1, toast = 70 cals for 1 slice. 200 calories if nothing else is added. not too shabby and it's yummy! i sometimes do more than 1 egg though or add some spinach to my eggs. :)
  • jaimeteague
    jaimeteague Posts: 95 Member
    Toasted avocado sandwich, or poached egg on toast. I have my own chickens and it feels like such a treat wandering down to the coop, collecting the eggs then poaching one straight away!
  • jaimeteague
    jaimeteague Posts: 95 Member
    Eggs. Either soft boiled with toasted soldiers, or poached on an english muffin with salmon/spinach and maybe a lil hollandaise.

Yum!
  • xdoublerainbow
    xdoublerainbow Posts: 51 Member
    Soft boiled eggs and soldiers, a yummy fruit smoothie or waffles :D
  • geordiegirl27
    geordiegirl27 Posts: 307 Member
    not at all healthy but it is the weekend - a bar of chocolate and a large cup of tea :ohwell:

but on a more healthy & indulgent breakfast cant beat scrambled eggs, slice of granary toast and smoked salmon mmmm :love:
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    3 egg and chorizo sausage omelette
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    slices of whole wheat baguette with different toppings, like brie, chorizo, smoked salmon, italian tomato spread etc.
    With some strawberries, orange juice and green tea :).
  • Protein pancakes, 261 cals. Mix 3 medium egg whites, 30g apple sauce, 25g protein powder, 25g oats and 1 tsp baking powder. To keep cals low cook with 1 cal spray and top with berries.

Does that also work without the protein powder? Mine tastes yuk and I don't know if it would spoil the taste... :noway:
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Boring maybe but a fruit salad with some nice fat free yoghurt over it... mmm... or poached eggs on toast with laughing cow triangle instead of butter x