Help! My hubby's feet look like he's 8 mths prego!

Options
My hubby ran the Disneyland Half Marathon this weekend. Ran it apx average pace with stops for characters. However he started the week off with blisters. Now his feet are so swollen he can hardly get shoes on and they look like my feet did when I was 8 mths prego! Any tips to help get this to get better? He's been using over the counter pain meds and elevating his feet.

Replies

• wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Not much to do other than that. Keep them elevated, drink plenty of water and just let the fluids drain back out.

I often come back from trips that involve constant walking in warm weather (Comic Con, a recent trip to New Orleans) with my feet so swollen I don't have ankles and my shoes are hard to get on. Elevation, water and time have been the only things that consistently work for me.

And congrats on the DL Half. I was there and ran it and the 5-K this weekend as well.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Yeah fellow DL halfers! I'd try soaking them in epsom salts(you can find them in the first aid section most anywhere) and warm water.
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    It should start going back down tomorrow or so. I know for myself after a race the water retention peaks on Tues/Wed and then starts to subside. Especially races where I have to fly back home and all that sitting! Def drink plenty of water to help flush things along. Congrats again to you both on the 1/2!!! :)
  • Chuckempire
    Options
    Try less sodium, more potasium, more water, HCTZ if you can get them. will drain out the excess water also low carbs will too.