Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Alternative to BBQ sauce on chicken.

Im making grilled chicken, and Im marinating it in low-fat italian dressing, which most will cook off when grilled. Just to give it some extra flavor, what can I make at home that is low fat and taste somewhat decent as an alternative to bbq sauce to add flavor and keep it from drying out.

Replies

• raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Im making grilled chicken, and Im marinating it in low-fat italian dressing, which most will cook off when grilled. Just to give it some extra flavor, what can I make at home that is low fat and taste somewhat decent as an alternative to bbq sauce to add flavor and keep it from drying out.

Google "brining chicken" keeps it nice and moist when grilling and is easy to do.
  • Wow never heard of brining but it sounds like an awesome idea, I will give that a try tomorrow night.
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 437 Member
    When Im making chickena dn craving sweet and spicy I made a homemade rub out of
    1 Tablespoon brown sugar
    1/2 Tablespoon chili powder
    1 Teaspoon pepper
    salt to taste
    Mix together and rub on chicken.