dear lord...

Options
....are you all telling me that nobody knows about flambards?!?!?!?!

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    The only Flambards I know of is a theme park called Flambards and an old Tv series called Flambards...and what have either of those got to do with diet and weight loss ?
  • RCS17
    RCS17 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm one of them, b/c Idk what/who that is. Lol.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    The BBC show? I loved it.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    nope never heard of it.
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    What is it?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    You need to tell us what it is.
  • jensauce
    jensauce Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    well, i'm referring to the 70's "flambards" series on A&E, and you're right, grae, it has nothing to do with weight loss...but it is super underrated, and nobody my age has any clue about the glory of flambards....yes it IS off topic, and for that i apologize...but i'm just looking for people that can relate to me, as this was my mum's favorite film before she died and i'm feeling nostalgic. just looking for other people that actually know what i'm talking about.... =/ way to be supportive!
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    The BBC show? I loved it.

Same here, got it on video here and watched it so many times, lol.
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    well, i'm referring to the 70's "flambards" series on A&E, and you're right, grae, it has nothing to do with weight loss...but it is super underrated, and nobody my age has any clue about the glory of flambards....yes it IS off topic, and for that i apologize...but i'm just looking for people that can relate to me, as this was my mum's favorite film before she died and i'm feeling nostalgic. just looking for other people that actually know what i'm talking about.... =/ way to be supportive!

It might be easier for people to be supportive if you actually put more information in your initial post rather than throwing that out there and trying to make someone else feel bad for not knowing why you posted such a topic in this forum. Not very nice of you.
    We are not mind readers and suggesting it does not fit with the forum, is not being unsupportive.
    You are being rather over sensitive and not very fair to me, if I might say so.
    But whatever floats your proverbial boat.

I might have been more supportive had you not felt the need to throw that accusation out there.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    No one is being unsupportive, we were just confused because this is the weight loss section. If it was in chit chat, we would have suspected you meant the theme park or the show. But, we just wanted to understand what you were asking. Seeking to understand is being supportive.
  • jensauce
    Options
    you're right, and i am very sorry about that. i suppose i read "attitude," perhaps cuz i'm so sensitive about the subject at hand...i went about it the wrong way...i was just looking for people who actually knew what i was talking about! "flambards" is esoteric to most. my apologies, and be well! <3
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    That's ok. I hope you find people to talk about it with. :smile:
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    you're right, and i am very sorry about that. i suppose i read "attitude," perhaps cuz i'm so sensitive about the subject at hand...i went about it the wrong way...i was just looking for people who actually knew what i was talking about! "flambards" is esoteric to most. my apologies, and be well! <3

No worries, I am sensitive myself, and no way was I trying to be unsupportive. I was actually slightly excited you might mean the television series since I love it myself. And I am sorry about your mum and wish you had initially posted about that then I would not have even cared what section you posted in to be honest lol. Flambards has always been a great escape for me, as has another older series called 'Children Of The Stones'.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options

I was thrown off because you didn't capitalize the word. My favorite British period piece from that era is Brideshead Revisited, but I have fond memories of Flambards too. Now I'm feeling nostalgic... hadn't thought about Alistair Cooke in years.
  • jensauce
    Options
    oh, ladies! thank you for being SO AWESOME and understanding of my transgressions! i feel like the ultimate *kitten* right now, since i basically expected people to "read my mind." again, i am SO sorry, it's just been a really rough day for me...i miss my mom so much today! i sincerely did not intend to be such an *kitten*. but i DO have to say that i am elated that ANYONE knows about flambards! =D and thank you for the support, and i'm sorry for implying that you're not supportive! i'm just hormonal and depressed! no excuses...i shouldn't have behaved like that. i'm so apologetic! please forgive... =/
  • jensauce
    Options
    oh Ilkigore, you're awesome! does anyone on this thread happen to know about "rebecca?" the OLD SCHOOL film? =)
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    oh Ilkigore, you're awesome! does anyone on this thread happen to know about "rebecca?" the OLD SCHOOL film? =)

The Hitchcock film? I vaguely recall seeing it a long, LONG time ago, probably before I was old enough to appreciate it. I was never real big on Hitchcock unless James Stewart was involved.

Have you seen Harvey? It's one of my all time favorites.