New Here

Jb27
Jb27 Posts: 71 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hello all I'm new here, and really happy to have found this website, after my third child I'm finding it hard to loose the weight, the first two i gained 65 pounds and lost all and more within a year, With my last i only gained 45 pounds and than 10 more after i had him from being home, He is 15 months old now and i weigh as much as i did when i had him :( I have always been a healthy weight and am frustrated with how much harder it is to loose it this time. I started the 30 day shred about two weeks ago and i do it atleast 5 times a week(even if it kills me!!) I can tell already that actually seeing how many cals iam eating is going to help, if i work out and it says i have cals left over do i have to eat them? and how do you log the 30 day shred in cals burned into the exercise log for the day? Good luck to everyone and happy friday!!
~Jessica

Replies

• Hi I'm new and really hope this will help me to shed some pounds. I have been overweight all
    my life. I guess it's because I don't how to eat healthy. I really don't know where to begin on putting
    a healthy meal together. I I hope to get some tips on thing to eat for breakfast lunch and dinner.
    My goal is to lose 150 pounds. PLEASE HELP

Felecia
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Hello Jb27, I certainly don't eat the rest of the calories, only because I want to see results quicker & don't want to feel overly full. I hear a lot of people refer to a heart rate monitor or F6 everyone raves about it. Good Luck in your goal.

Jason
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Hello knetique, I'm no where near being a Nutritionist, but I have just replaced white bread with wheat, eat portioned meals and dont put condiments on my foods that are ludicruously high in fat also I only drink water, and not the buckets of orange drinks and Iced teas I used to drink daily a long time ago.:smile: I hope that helped some. Good Luck.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi I'm new and really hope this will help me to shed some pounds. I have been overweight all
    my life. I guess it's because I don't how to eat healthy. I really don't know where to begin on putting
    a healthy meal together. I I hope to get some tips on thing to eat for breakfast lunch and dinner.
    My goal is to lose 150 pounds. PLEASE HELP

Felecia

Hi, and welcome! :flowerforyou:
    I pretty much eat the same things daily for breakfast and lunch. They're low in calories but filling so that I don't feel hungry. I eat the one minute Quaker Oats with blueberries for breakfast, and for lunch, 2 slices of my 35 calorie Oatmeal bread with a thin coating of mayo and some sliced chicken. I also have Lays light chips with that, and an orange or apple. As a snack later, I have either a Special K bar, or Quaker low cal. variety pack bar. (I used to have a Fiber One bar. Those are soooooo good and REALLY filling, but, I couldn't handle the "after effects", if you know what I mean! :laugh: )
    For supper I eat a fairly normal meal, but try to eat more veggies than "meat and potatoes". Try to stay away from processed ready made stuff, since they're always loaded with sodium.
    Hope those ideas help. Just "work with your daily numbers" through good food choices and getting some exercise, and the weight WILL come off! :smile:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hello all I'm new here, and really happy to have found this website, after my third child I'm finding it hard to loose the weight, the first two i gained 65 pounds and lost all and more within a year, With my last i only gained 45 pounds and than 10 more after i had him from being home, He is 15 months old now and i weigh as much as i did when i had him :( I have always been a healthy weight and am frustrated with how much harder it is to loose it this time. I started the 30 day shred about two weeks ago and i do it atleast 5 times a week(even if it kills me!!) I can tell already that actually seeing how many cals iam eating is going to help, if i work out and it says i have cals left over do i have to eat them? and how do you log the 30 day shred in cals burned into the exercise log for the day? Good luck to everyone and happy friday!!
    ~Jessica

Hi, welcome. :flowerforyou:
    There's a big controversy here as to whether or not to eat your left over calories. Try reading the newbie posts, which are under general topics, that might help you decide. In my own case, I eat most of them. Heck, I exercise to get my numbers higher so that I CAN eat more! :laugh: I do try to leave a few though, just in case I didn't estimate correctly on somethng during the day.
    All I really needed was to see how many calories I was eating each day, and then "work with my numbers" through better food choices (MOST of the time!) and get some exercise, (I dance to a fast oldies CD my hubby made up of all my favorite oldies music) and the weight DID come off! I also I walk and jog with my Wii Fit too. I prefer fun, "easy" exercising to sweatin my butt off at some costly gym! :laugh:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    071.gif
    WELCOME Jessica and knetique1023
This discussion has been closed.