Can you lose almost 1 size of pants from water loss?

Options
1st of all, I gained 6 lbs in 1.5 months. This week I lost 3 lbs but my pants is really lose.. It's event loser than before I gained back the 6 lbs. I've been drinking lots of water, ate 4 serving of starch each day. I'm happy.. but things do not add up.

Replies

• ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I drop a size every 7-8 pounds. Bloating whether it's water gas or waste will cause you to swell. So yes it's possible to go down a size. Enjoy
  • jhall1980
    Options
    I'm not sure exactly how it works... I guess some people lose weight differently... I seem to lose it in my butt & boobs first :o(... I lost 12 pounds in a month & I went from a size 12 jeans to a size 8 :o) Now if only I could get this spare tire to go away haha (damn baby weight!)
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I've lost 4 dress sizes yet my weight isn't anywhere what it was when I was the size I am now. Also, I have more "rolls" than before (fat spots) but apparently they're in different places than when I was younger.

So, yes, it's possible to lose size but not lose weight- especially if you're exercising. You tone areas. The muscle is smaller than fat, so a pound of muscle is quite a bit smaller than a pound of fat, although each weighs a pound.

For me, it's quite frustrating - I want to see a scale difference but it doesn't look like I will see much. I'm within 10 pounds of my major goal. And holding.... *sigh*