Slimquick?

Options
Does anyone here use slimquick? I was thinking about getting some sort of pills, and I've seen slimquick around here, and it seems like it would be a nice additive to my weight loss.
Let me know what you think!

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    IMHO and my own personal experience, like all the other over the counter weight loss pills/juices/powders I've tried :blushing:, they will work good for a week, maybe two, but then they lose their efficacy. Sometimes people use them to jump-start their weight loss journey, but as you have already lost 10 lb since April, you seem to be doing a great job. In the end, it comes down to self-control (which I have a hard time exhibiting) and portion control (<---- which goes back to self-control). For me, the side effects were greater than the weight loss benefits I might have gotten (that didn't stick). Just my 2 cents worth.
  • akivi73
    Options
    I've always found diet pills to be expensive disappointments. Either they make me feel dehydrated (probably losing water weight which will just come right back), jittery (likely causing heart damage), or nothing at all (probably doing nothing at all). I tried Slimquick once and it fell in the last category for me...
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    The long-term failure rate of products such as this is close to 100%. Regardless of any positive effects that are seen in 1 wk, or 1 month, or even 6 months, within 2 years all the weight in gained back--if not more.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hailey you will not find too many people on MFP who agree with gimmicky weight loss stuff.

I have tried Slim Fast so many times my husband calls it Slim Slow. Pills, cabbage soup, shakes, no fat, all fat........all of these lead to my eating more and gaining more.

Eating 1200-1500 calories in 5 meals every 3 or so hours has been a miracle for me.

I exercise because I want to eat more food. 1300 + 400 workout and I have 1700 calories to eat good food.

It has been a life changing experience for me.

In answer to your questions: Slim Fast is loaded with sugar which caused me to crash and burn.
  • Hailey
    Hailey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Alright, thanks guys!

oh and by the way, I joined in april, but only active and trying since Nov. 3rd! So 10 lbs in a little over a month!!! Feels great!
  • tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have been using Jillian's fat burner pills. I don't use them to lose weight though. I only take one or two pills a little bit before I go exercise. They have given me lots of energy to be able to through some pretty good workouts. I dont use them on a regular basis-only when I feel like I need a boost of energy.
  • akb2006
    akb2006 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Slimquick is a pill she wasn't talking about slimfast. With that said, it didn't take you a pill to gain weight and it shouldn't take a pill to lose weight either. If you are having an EXTREME difficulty with appetite control or other issues it would probably be your best bet to make an appointment with your doctor and/or a nutritionist. My mom actually does have some underlying medical conditions that needed to get taken care of to help with the appetite control and constant eating. For 99% of people though what happens is as soon as they come off whatever pill you are on you gain the weight back and even more. I have tried slimquick myself a few years ago and it did help with energy but if you look at the ingredients in it the main ingredient is caffeine. It would be better just to have a little caffeine before your workout over taking a diet pill but thats JMO.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Slimquick is a pill she wasn't talking about slimfast. With that said, it didn't take you a pill to gain weight and it shouldn't take a pill to lose weight either. If you are having an EXTREME difficulty with appetite control or other issues it would probably be your best bet to make an appointment with your doctor and/or a nutritionist. My mom actually does have some underlying medical conditions that needed to get taken care of to help with the appetite control and constant eating. For 99% of people though what happens is as soon as they come off whatever pill you are on you gain the weight back and even more. I have tried slimquick myself a few years ago and it did help with energy but if you look at the ingredients in it the main ingredient is caffeine. It would be better just to have a little caffeine before your workout over taking a diet pill but thats JMO.

LOL...Oops :blushing: guess I better pay better attn.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I have used slimquick. Its a nice addition to any plan. Its not really a diet pill like people think. Its a supplement. Its nice for women because of the blend of vitamins and herbs, etc. in it. That was why I used it, and I liked it. There really isn't another multi-vitamin with comparable ingredients, though most people would simply prefer a regular multi-vitamin.

If you use it, don't rely on it to add to your weight loss. It will add to your energy tho, but not the same way a diet pill would.
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    I used slimquick for a short time. It is a diet pill. The main ingredients are caffeine and green tea extract which are found in most overthe counter fat burners. I had to stop taking the because I was on depression medicine at the time and they did not interact well together. Its also known to cause a jittery feeling in people sensitive to caffiene. There are also warnings for people with high blood pressure, thyroid problems and allergies to soy and chocolate. As for the other ingredients there are some different herbs and vitamins however there is little to no proof that these things have any effect on weightloss. Most of them can be found in some form in any diet pill of weight loss supplement. Even though it is seen as a new fat burner for women it is a diet pill. Slimquicks website even calls it a diet pill, and when compared to other pills the active ingredients are pretty much the same.