1 Year down - 70 lbs- Pics

Options

Replies

• itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I am so jealous! You are a size 8 from a 24 with only 70 lbs? I've lost 50 lbs but am only down to a 22/20 from a 24!

Congrats on te progress & you're an inspiration!

Don't be jealous, you can do this too. This is about building muscle. I lift heavy so that it builds up the muscle, which then takes less mass, I weigh the same.. ish.. and am leaner. While I am down to a size 8 it is still a challenge. Get up, go to the gym and start lifting. I don't do cardio much at all now. Just in the pool and before my weight training. (yes, i'm probably supposed to do it after)
  • itgeekwoman
    Options
    I started HIIT almost right away with the trainer. That was the trick for me. I joined the gym right after I finished physical therapy. I had shoulder surgery in June and then had recovery from that. With the rotator and the other issues that I had I was limited. Then my knees started acting up in September 11, which means that I had a limitation on the shoulder and the knees.

Now I only have the knees holding me back but I'm working out in the pool one day a week and working the upper body pretty intensely 3-4x a week. NO treadmill, bike, elliptical or anything that will cause any strain on the knees. :(

Lots of push ups, leg lifts, and other core strengthening exercises though.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    so cool; I can't wait to post in this section
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation
  • newEra4Tamara
    newEra4Tamara Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You look amazing!!!!! Fantastic!!!
  • GetFitCarly
    Options
    You look fantastic.. great job :)
  • eksproductions
    eksproductions Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • MUMommy
    MUMommy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Keep it up! :smile:
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • auctionmaestra
    Options
    Amazing job. Talk about a magical journey, a real hero's (heroine?) quest. I was wondering--I am about 100 lbs overweight and really struggle with inertia in terms of getting out and walking, just getting out of the house (new retiree), plus self-conscious about my looks. How did you get yourself going? Any tips? And, kudos again!
  • Bexx435
    Bexx435 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look absolutely amazing! Let me ask you, when you were doing more cardio what kind of exercises were you doing that didn't put (much) strain on your knees? I was biking, which is what brought my knee issues to light. I tried running, which only made it worse, and then I switched to the elliptical. It's becoming increasingly difficult to do that now and I'm not sure what is going to be the most effective way to get my workout in without ending up on ice bags and ibuprofen. Any suggestions?
  • itgeekwoman
    Options
    Start lifting more weights if you aren't already. It's not about the lbs you lose, it's about the inches. I have almost gotten rid of those saggy granny arms that I've sported since I was a young mother. I have lots to go on my abs and still need to lose some fluffy areas, but I can actually see some muscles now.

Keep going.. lift and you will notice that you burn more calories and feel better.
  • itgeekwoman
    Options
    Congratulations! You look absolutely amazing! Let me ask you, when you were doing more cardio what kind of exercises were you doing that didn't put (much) strain on your knees? I was biking, which is what brought my knee issues to light. I tried running, which only made it worse, and then I switched to the elliptical. It's becoming increasingly difficult to do that now and I'm not sure what is going to be the most effective way to get my workout in without ending up on ice bags and ibuprofen. Any suggestions?

Swim and strengthen those small muscles and the large ones in your back, gluts and your quads. I just started straight leg deadlifts again. Nice feeling! Good luck,.
  • Rabid180
    Rabid180 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely fantastic!! Great job and I know it's just a matter of time before that last 30 pounds is gone. Congratulations and thank you for being such an inspiraton to me today!
  • CharliesAngel1
    CharliesAngel1 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • madamecj82
    madamecj82 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great job! =)
  • KandiiSunshine22027
    Options
    Good for you! I am very encouraged! Thanks for sharing!
  • Crystalagain22
    Crystalagain22 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing! You look like a totally different person! Congrats on your success!!!
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! Great job lady!
  • stehmari
    stehmari Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!!!! You look happy and healthy! Beautiful transformation! Congratulations :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!