92 year old shoots burgler. MY HERO

Options

Replies

• RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Oh I am sure some human rights freak will come on here and call us all kinds of names and tell us we are wrong and the burglar had rights.

Oh gosh, don't you just hate those people who advocate for human rights... what a nuisance!
  • jjl0412
    jjl0412 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Oh I am sure some human rights freak will come on here and call us all kinds of names and tell us we are wrong and the burglar had rights.

Oh gosh, don't you just hate those people who advocate for human rights... what a nuisance!

He wants his 'Human Rights' too. Go on to bed. He'll be over later to break in, take what he wants, then you & yours. Good luck with that 'Human Rights' thingy of yours.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,162 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how flippant ya'll can be about taking someone's life.
    Does the person breaking into the house bear any responsibility for his criminal acts? Rather than looking at it as the home owner taking the criminal's life, I see the situation as the criminal throwing his life away. He paid the ultimate price for his choices.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    First of all, I never said whether the killing was justified or not. I honestly have no idea. And I do not know what I would do in that situation. However, I do not think it is a joyous situation. It's terrible that people have the desire and/or need to rob people. It's terrible that this man's house was broken into. And it's terrible that someone lost his life. It's a very sad situation and I certainly wouldn't wish it on anyone. jjl0412 - It's appalling that you would do so twice in this thread.
  • jjl0412
    Options
    First of all, I never said whether the killing was justified or not. I honestly have no idea. And I do not know what I would do in that situation. However, I do not think it is a joyous situation. It's terrible that people have the desire and/or need to rob people. It's terrible that this man's house was broken into. And it's terrible that someone lost his life. It's a very sad situation and I certainly wouldn't wish it on anyone. jjl0412 - It's appalling that you would do so twice in this thread.

Break in my home and I'll show them appalling. Twice if necessary...
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I don't see what thIs has to do with human rights. No rights where taken away from anybody here. All Parties exercised their born rights. The victim the right to self defense, and the purpetrator the right to freedom
    Of stupidity.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I guess those thieve's parents never taught them to not take something that didn't belong to them. There are consequences for your actions. Let this be a lesson to other would be thieves.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Not all of us here said we'd kill an intruder. We said we'd shoot them. We have families to protect, and you don't know whether someone breaking in just wants your tv or wants to rape your daughter and kill you.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    That is BIG BIG news here in NKY. I live about 15-20 mins from him and the great thing about this, he shouldnt be charged. At least Kentucky has some good laws still around. That entire street had issues and he has been robbed 3 times before that. The cops actually put motion cams at his house and caught them breaking in. One climed thru the doggy door then let his buddies in. He finally got to put his military training to good use. :)

http://freew67.blogspot.com/

Why the hell do you have a doggie door when break-ins are an issue?:huh:
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Not all of us here said we'd kill an intruder. We said we'd shoot them. We have families to protect, and you don't know whether someone breaking in just wants your tv or wants to rape your daughter and kill you.
    Did it ever occur to you, that when a comment doesn't seem to apply to you, maybe it wasn't meant for you?
  • perfectingpatti
    Options
    Did it ever occur to you, that when a comment doesn't seem to apply to you, maybe it wasn't meant for you?
    Well, she said "y'all"....not "some of y'all".

ETA correction of pronoun.
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Well, you said "y'all"....not "some of y'all".
    Actually I wasn't the one who made the comment. But please, feel free to think the world revolves around you. Everyone is clearly talking only to you.
  • perfectingpatti
    Options
    Actually I wasn't the one who made the comment. But please, feel free to think the world revolves around you. Everyone is clearly talking only to you.
    Whoa. You okay? Not sure why my commenting to someone who included me by saying "y'all" in her post says I think the world revolves around me. I was explaining the difference between being flippant about the loss of human life and saying we'd shoot at an intruder.
  • boomboom011
    Options
    for the record i dont want to kill anyone. i want to stop them. however if they just happen to die well thats a possible side effect from getting shot.
  • perfectingpatti
    Options
    for the record i dont want to kill anyone. i want to stop them. however if they just happen to die well thats a possible side effect from getting shot.
    How do you know she was talking to you? Does the world revolve around you, too? :wink:
  • jjl0412
    Options

Ditto! I want them to heal in jail. Hopefully with a limp.
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Oh dear....
  • boomboom011
    Options
    How do you know she was talking to you? Does the world revolve around you, too? :wink:

it doesnt? wth!
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Sadly though, you almost "have" to kill them because if you shoot them and maim them, they'll come right back and sue you and there have been plenty of cases where the burglar has won for damages.

Note: Not advocating killing intruders, just stating a fact.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options

Are you for real? Well maybe the criminal should've thought twice about breaking and entering! I'm glad he's dead! One less scumbag off the earth!