well...I didn't die...

Options
I just wanted to thank those of you who encouraged met try C25K, despite the fact that I was starting at 285 lbs. I finished my first week, and didn't die! And although I was sore, I didn't even WISH I were dead! lol BTW, I also tried Vinyassa Yoga yesterday - it was my first ever yoga class. Now THAT made me wish I dead today! lol I hurt in places I never imagined! Anyway, thanks again all!

Replies

• xStargazerx
    Options
    What is C25K?
  • Shelley130
    Options
    Good to know!! I'm starting C25K on Monday and I'm so scared!!
  • jennai
    jennai Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Couch to 5K, a running program for beginners. If you google it, you can read all about it. It's interval running to work your way up to running a 5K.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you didn't die! I plan on trying this in the new year. You have encouraged me--I really think I can do this!

I haven't run in years due to surgery, etc. But lately I've noticed that I can run in place without any discomfort so I want to start running outdoors.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! I love C25K! I completed it about a week ago and ran my first 5K race on Sunday in 34:16! It's such a great program! Stick with it and you'll finish a lot quicker than you think. :wink:
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I am starting today!
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I would love to try it maybe in the spring.

does anyone do it on a treadmill? or are you all outdoor runners?
  • savvystephy
    Options
    I would love to try it maybe in the spring.

does anyone do it on a treadmill? or are you all outdoor runners?

If you are planning to run in a 5K race, then I suggest doing it outdoors. Running outdoors and on a treadmill are very different. I run outdoors, but today I am being a wimp with the cold and going to just run on the treadmill.
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Thanks Stephanie, I think I might just wait until the spring then. I can't deal with the winter cold. brr. Maybe I will start a little on the treadmill though. I dunno.

I don't have any race plans, but ya never know!
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    I'm on week two as of now, but I do it on a treadmill. I am a stay at home mom, and I don't have a running stroller, so it is easier for me to do it on the treadmill with my son nearby. I put in on a 1.0 incline, so it is more like the outdoors (or so they say).
  • savvystephy
    Options
    Thanks Stephanie, I think I might just wait until the spring then. I can't deal with the winter cold. brr. Maybe I will start a little on the treadmill though. I dunno.

I don't have any race plans, but ya never know!

You could always start on a treadmill then move outside when it warms up! :smile: