HELP! No self control :(

Options
2»

Replies

• popzork
    popzork Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The hardest, yet most rewarding thing you can do for food cravings is to eliminate all that stuff from your system. As a previous posted said - go for two (to three) weeks without eating processed, junk, or fast food. Very very hard to do, but once you clean your system, the cravings go away.

Even more rewarding is that when you do eat something like that again, it doesn't taste as good.

Also, you will feel AMAZING. You will notice that after lunch, you don't feel tired. You sleep better and wake up easier.

Again, very hard to beat the cravings but the reward is enormous!
  • LydsVille77
    LydsVille77 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Brushing and flossing right after dinner tends to help me not want to put food in my mouth again in the evenings. (most of the time). Fact is... *kitten* happens. If we had perfect self control we wouldn't be here in the first place. Try low calorie treats that still feel like a treat, i love the skinny cow caramel clusters (120 cals per serving) and meringue cookies from miss meringue. You can have like 13 cookies for 110 calories!!!
  • wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    get strong tasting toothpaste and brush often (I hate the taste of foods with that).
    LEave a bowl of prewashed grapes or carrots sitting out. Most people really like these and will grab something when they walk in the kitchen, why not make is something healthy.
    Plan and enter your day's plan ahead of time. Then think about all the work it will be to change it after the fact.
    Have your family get on board. I substiute blue corn chips now and will count out a serving with tons of salsa, I don't deny myself, just make substitutions.
    Keep SF jello in your fridge and fat free cool whip, simple to make, stores nicely and is a major major yummy "desert" type treat!
    If you can't resist it, do not let it come in the house. I will not buy certain foods for my family because I have no will power! If my family can't understand that and get on board we have more problems than my weight.
    Make your calories count. If you are depriving yourself by only eating salads as a planned meal, you will cheat and crave and fall hard. Plan to fit in your healthy grains and options. I just searched the top 100 superfoods today and am ordering quinoa, chia, certain rices and some fruit leather (for my son) on amazon. Make those calories count! If you eat salads to get minimum calories and plan the rest to cheat on junk foods, you will be more hungry than a junk food or pop can fill up. Plan healthy for best use of your calories to fill you up!

I hate drinking water, I wish I could use that option, I last a few days and then just can't force myself anymore :( I need more will power there.

OH!!!!! forgot!!!!! 2 tips. Once you start to loose weight it helps you motivate to keep going, so try really hard for a few weeks and once you see the results really kicking it it should help you keep going at it. SEcondly!!!! Allow yourself a cheat. If you are going to a birthday party allow yourself a piece of cake, if you are going shopping get a salad but get that new desert they have at your restaurant. Rules: be realistic, a 1500 piece of lava cake isn't the same as a small slice of cheesecake. Also, ONCE a week. plan it out. I aim for saturdays or sunday usually and plan all week for what my "treat" will be! This week it was a bowl of ice cream (edy's lighter option) with lite syrup on it. You know what, I just need to dream, I will often pass once I get to my cheat day. I just need the dream and knowing I do have permission to have it. I then find the willpower to pass :)