What is everybody doing???

Options
I was wondering what program or video's everybody is doing and how it is working for you. As of right now I am doing a Pick Your Spot Pilates with Ellan Barrett. I really like it it is low impact and I LOVE that. But I think I would do better with a program that has goals. Like Slim in 6. its a 6 week program 3 disc set. To my understanding.

Are there any other programs out there that are very affordable. I can't really afford a program like that but would love to try it. I think that if it was a program with goals like the 6 weeks, I don't thik I would get as discouraged. where as right now there is no tme limit so I don't know what to expect.

So far I have maintained my weight but lost a couple of inches everywhere.

Replies

• pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Well, I can't afford a gym, or to even buy dvds right now. I found some great videos online that I do--I mix them up so I do something a little different every day.

Here's some of the sites--check them out, maybe you'll find some you like:

sparkpeople.com--good workouts for all levels.
    Youtube has some good videos, too--lots of them are only a couple minutes long but you can also find longer ones (I like the ones from JasonsFitKitchen!).
    and--probably my favs--
    http://www.women-workout-routines.com/free-workout-routines.html--these can be downloaded to your computer.
    also check out exercisetv.tv.

The very best thing about these sites is that the videos are free (some, like exercisetv, also have ones you pay for).

I have some 2 and 3 pound dumbbells and resistant bands of various strength. I'm hoping to get a new mat for Christmas--I've gotten to the point where my bones can be uncomfortale on the one I have now! (Never thought I'd be able to feel them like this!)

Kathy (pmjsmom)

Almost forgot--I just set my own goals and, so far anyway, it is working for me. Joining a challenge can be a good way to set goals, too.
  • 135pounds
    Options
    Hip Hop abs is fun and effective. I noticed a difference after using it a week. It is a little expensive so it's best to try and get it on E bay or even Amazon sometimes has better deals. It comes with a calendar that tells you exactly which dvds to use each day. It comes with a meal plan as well so that is an option if you want to use it. I hope this helps. I love the videos and they really help you from getting bored with your workout.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,713 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Slim in 6 and Power 90, and I love the combination. I use P90 on the strength days and SI6 for the cardio/abs/stretching.
  • MadWorld
    MadWorld Posts: 200
    Options
    I'm old school "The Firm". Then I do running for cardio.

It's been working for me. I can't afford a gym either, nor would I have the time.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,973 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: age, fitness level, and physical limitations have to be a factor. I walk a lot in good weather and in the winter use Leslie Sansone "Walk at Home" videos. I also love Richard Simmons "Sweatin' to the Oldies"....I have hand weights, ankle weights and a resistance band that I use sometimes.

You can exercise for free by taking a walk or walking indoors to lively music (add some arm movements for a more all around workout) :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • BaisMom
    Options
    It's going to sound tacky, but I use the OnDemand program on my television, I navigate through it until I get to the health/fitness category.

I am pretty broke, so I use what's accessible to me! There are few good programs on it. They are pretty short, but that works for me because I'm not in shape at all yet so the short workouts are good for getting started and learning how to do it on my own.
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I'm doing P90X and loving it! I started with Jillian Michaels and Biggest Loser DVDs.

I've heard awesome things about Slim in 6 and I've done Power 90 - it's a pretty great program. It comes with a lot of nutrition information as well that is very helpful.
  • AshleyTaylor2017
    AshleyTaylor2017 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    How did you like the biggest loser workout dvd's? did you get any results? I have been trying to do them off and on and I like them, but keep making excuses not to do them :\
  • MadWorld
    MadWorld Posts: 200
    Options
    Nothing wrong with the OnDemand Programs... haha! You can catch me using those from time to time. It helps to break up a boring routine now and then. :)

I've tried the Power Sculpt Biggest Loser Dvd. But, when I was doing it my knees started acting up from all the lunges and squats and it started affecting my running.