If every day were like today, you'd weigh X in 5 weeks...

Options
2»

Replies

• heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Never! But I sure wish it would!
  • trevpimp
    trevpimp Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    It's a good motivation to see how far and low we can get
    Jahahahaahhaahhahaaha
    Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahaahaahhahhahahahhahahhahaahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahaahahhshahah
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhhahh
    Ahhahahahahhahhahhahhahahhahahhahahahahahaha
    Hahahahahaahhaahhahahahhahahhshhshhshhshshhhsh
    Haahhaahahahahahhahhaahhahhahahhahhahahhahhahhhhahaha
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhhahh

The end.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Weight/fat loss is not linear. MFP's 5 week estimate is an estimate based on maths only.
  • shinjite
    Options
    I have eaten the exact same thing for each meal each day for 3-6 months at a time and never had a problem. That was when I was in college and on a very, very tight churchmouse budget. Of course once I graduated I never ate any of those foods again!
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    that never worked for me..
  • andie2013
    Options
    That never worked for me, either. I could only wish it was accurate then I would have reached my goal by now :-/
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I upped my calories to 1600, which is about 10% less than my TDEE, and I do not add my exercise calories to MFP. However, every time I hit the button, it says that I will weigh more than I do now in 5 weeks. It is kinda frustrating.

Prior to changing my goals, I had it set to 1200 and was eating my calories back, which was close to 1600 anyway. So I am a bit confused now.

Should I go back to 1200 and eat calories back or leave it at 1600 and not add calories back (and see that I will gain weight in 5 weeks), or simply ignore the 5 weeks "warning"?

Thanks
  • LivingInPuglia
    LivingInPuglia Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    It's a fun thing ...... would be better if it took average of calories for the week as some days I'm under a bit and some days I'm over a bit, but it only looks at one day at a time.
  • mandymayhem6
    Options
    you would literally have to eat the exact same thing EVERY day for 5 weeks...not just amount of calories, but fat amounts, carb amounts...