I'm new to this

Hopey1994
Hopey1994 Posts: 307
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all!
I'm new here, just trying to lose some weight. My name is Hope, and I have a husband who is currenty overseas for 15-18 months. He's been gone for 2 months and we made a pact to both lose 40 lbs (I've lost some weight this year, but still have at least 40 left to go). And I've lost 1.... haha! I have a 2 year old who always keeps me busy. So I'm hoping that support, along with the C25K will help me reach my goal. It's great to be here for support!!

Replies

• FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    I'm new here myself. I heard about it from another swimmer on US Masters Swimming. I have to say I'm only day 3 here and I LOVE IT!!! There are a lot of folks with great advice and everyone is super supportive. Welcome, good luck, and hang in there!!!!
  • Hello,

My name is Maria and I am new to this but I am glad that we have this support network to help us get through it all. I am having an issue to find out how many calories is in the stuff I am eating my target 1600 calories a day and I want to lose at least 110 pounds currently lost about 11 lbs because I just started but I would like to learn more about counting my calories on everything I am eating. Do you have any sugguestions?
  • Hello,

My name is Maria and I am new to this but I am glad that we have this support network to help us get through it all. I am having an issue to find out how many calories is in the stuff I am eating my target 1600 calories a day and I want to lose at least 110 pounds currently lost about 11 lbs because I just started but I would like to learn more about counting my calories on everything I am eating. Do you have any sugguestions?

Hi Maria!
    I've been using the calorie counter for about 6 months now and I've lost a few pounds using the tool. If you go to the "MY Home" tab, you can click on "Food Log" below your calories. It has a picture and is almost at the bottom on the page. To enter a meal, click on either "breakfast" "lunch," or "dinner". You can then search to find what you've eaten. I've only had to put in 1 thing before that was not found on a search, so it's a pretty big food database. I'm so glad to have someone to keep me encouraged. Good luck, and please let me know if I can help you any more!
  • I am new to this but here it goes, I am a parent of 5 kids 4 biological and one being my niece who I have cutody of.
    I am 37 yrs old recently married. My husband tells me that I dont have to lose the weight because he loves me like
    this but I am not comfortable being like this. I also have some health issues and by losing the weight my health issue will
    be stabelized. I currently weight about 260 lbs my goal is by 11/26/10 I would like to be weighing 150 lbs, so I have a goal to
    achieve. I don't feel that it is unachievable, I just know that it is going to be very hard. I have faith that I can accomplish my goal.
  • Thank you very much. Good luck to you too. I am so glad that we have this support.
  • Hello,

My name is Maria and I am new to this too. Thank you for your support its wonderful that we have this support system to help us get through. This is my first day but I am definately looking forward to the journey and knowing that we have all the support we need and to be able to chat with real people like you makes the journey worth while.
  • Thank you very much for your help.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi and welcome "newest batch of newbies" to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As far as exercise goes, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also have Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • Thank you.

I would like to know how is it that I can jot the food that I am eating. I am really having a hard time finding out about the calories in the foods that I am eating. I am basically counting my calories first. I am on a 1800 calories per day, suggested by my doctor. I dont know the calories on some of the stuff that I am eating. I am not sure that I am not going over my calorie in take. I have lost 11 lbs but I still would like to know can someone help me figure out my calorie consumption PLEASE.
  • Thank you.

I would like to know how is it that I can jot the food that I am eating. I am really having a hard time finding out about the calories in the foods that I am eating. I am basically counting my calories first. I am on a 1800 calories per day, suggested by my doctor. I dont know the calories on some of the stuff that I am eating. I am not sure that I am not going over my calorie in take. I have lost 11 lbs but I still would like to know can someone help me figure out my calorie consumption PLEASE.

I explained it in a post about 5 posts up. you can do it on this website and it's extremely helpful. Maybe someone can explain it better.
This discussion has been closed.