PRETTY PLEASE READ THIS and help it wont take long :(

Options

Replies

• Gloworm46
    Gloworm46 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    If you want a good nutrition and exercise plan put together by a former Australian who now lives in California check out www.livefitrevolution.org It's free and you'll learn to eat healthy and lose weight for long term success. Alysia is awesome and motivating!
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I think this got missed, but in an earlier comment you said you want to lose the weight and "then you'll start eating healthy again". This type of outlook will likely be your downfall in the long run-making healthy eating choices and exercising reasonably are the ways you lose weight and maintain that weight loss.

If you start eating healthfully and exercising now, you'll build habits that will hopefully be with you through your life. A great place to start, as suggested here, are by seeing a doctor and/or a dietician. They can help you decide what is a healthy goal weight, and can help you with eating properly and exercising. A dietician is especially helpful because they will usually do teaching about portions, and give you handouts with meal guidelines and such.
  • Ayla70
    Ayla70 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    That's 40 pounds in about 12 weeks. I think you're being very unrealistic. What's the rush? Why 97 pounds as your goal? That seems low to me, unless you are considerably shorter than me. If you try, I think you'll make yourself sick.

Why don't you set a more achievable immediate goal, like the 22 pounds your profile says you recently gained? That's still a lot to lose in 12 weeks though - about 2 pounds a week. I've been very dedicated to my exercise and keeping to my calorie goals as much as I can and I see at best a consistent loss of about 1.5 lbs a week.

My best suggestion for you is to spend some time reading here and see how other people are successfully losing. Maybe find someone with similar goals to your own.

i know it is low for my height 5'3 , but i wanna be skinny as my favourite singer and her weight is 97lbs... and i also know it is a short amount of time for 40lbs to come off, but i just want to try my best and after i reach my goal in 12 weeks im going to start eating healthy again.. thats my plan and i want it to be quick because summer is coming

Uhhh. Wait.. What...? *rolls eyes* good luck with that *sarcasm*...... Oh, psssstt ... Fyi, Summer is ENDING.

omg kk ill change my goal weight then missy -_- and nah summer is just starting i live in australia hahah :D

Well done on your attitude to people and to life....plenty of other people would have taken offense at that post to you, but you were kind and laughed it off. And you're right, summer IS just about to start :)
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    *squinting* don't know if troll or 15 year old with eating disorder.....

I'd laugh if it weren't so sad. :frown:

hows it sad though ??

That you obviously just don't know any better. At 5'3", there's a miniscule chance that 97 lbs is a healthy weight for you. I'm your height and have a small frame, so I know how unreasonable that goal is. Why don't you take it slower and pick a healthier weight to shoot for first, and then lower it later if you feel it's necessary? Even your starting weight is healthy for your height, so I would focus on your fitness and health more than anything. At only 18, you could still be growing as well. That pesky number on the scale is not all that matters.

age does not matter. and i have been always 110-112lbs and i still thought i needed to lose weight so yeah i think around 100pounds is good

It can if you're still growing. I grew an inch when I was 20. I think your self-perception needs to be readjusted if you thought you needed to lose weight at what is considered the lowest healthy weight for your height. I'm just trying to help you.
  • pussycat1997
    Options
    You can loose that weight but you have to be very careful, when you loose weight that fast it can really create a lot of health problems. A few years ago I went of the Dr,Poon diet I lost 67 lbs in four months only to gain all and some back,but the worst part is that I ended up with a bowel obstruction. Five other people I knew were hospitalized for Gall Bladder Stones, if you loose weight too quickly it is known to create gall stones. You can do anything you put your mind to , I know you will get there the most important part is that you have already taken the initiative and you have started to loose weight already. Good for You you will do it!

thankyou hun
  • pussycat1997
    Options
    That's 40 pounds in about 12 weeks. I think you're being very unrealistic. What's the rush? Why 97 pounds as your goal? That seems low to me, unless you are considerably shorter than me. If you try, I think you'll make yourself sick.

Why don't you set a more achievable immediate goal, like the 22 pounds your profile says you recently gained? That's still a lot to lose in 12 weeks though - about 2 pounds a week. I've been very dedicated to my exercise and keeping to my calorie goals as much as I can and I see at best a consistent loss of about 1.5 lbs a week.

My best suggestion for you is to spend some time reading here and see how other people are successfully losing. Maybe find someone with similar goals to your own.

i know it is low for my height 5'3 , but i wanna be skinny as my favourite singer and her weight is 97lbs... and i also know it is a short amount of time for 40lbs to come off, but i just want to try my best and after i reach my goal in 12 weeks im going to start eating healthy again.. thats my plan and i want it to be quick because summer is coming

Uhhh. Wait.. What...? *rolls eyes* good luck with that *sarcasm*...... Oh, psssstt ... Fyi, Summer is ENDING.

omg kk ill change my goal weight then missy -_- and nah summer is just starting i live in australia hahah :D

Well done on your attitude to people and to life....plenty of other people would have taken offense at that post to you, but you were kind and laughed it off. And you're right, summer IS just about to start :)

naaaaaaaw hehe thankyou :) and yeshhhh it is i cant wait, i hate winter its the lowest!! -.-
  • pussycat1997
    Options
    *squinting* don't know if troll or 15 year old with eating disorder.....

I'd laugh if it weren't so sad. :frown:

hows it sad though ??

That you obviously just don't know any better. At 5'3", there's a miniscule chance that 97 lbs is a healthy weight for you. I'm your height and have a small frame, so I know how unreasonable that goal is. Why don't you take it slower and pick a healthier weight to shoot for first, and then lower it later if you feel it's necessary? Even your starting weight is healthy for your height, so I would focus on your fitness and health more than anything. At only 18, you could still be growing as well. That pesky number on the scale is not all that matters.

age does not matter. and i have been always 110-112lbs and i still thought i needed to lose weight so yeah i think around 100pounds is good

It can if you're still growing. I grew an inch when I was 20. I think your self-perception needs to be readjusted if you thought you needed to lose weight at what is considered the lowest healthy weight for your height. I'm just trying to help you.

thankyou for your concern and trying to help i really appretiate it honestly :) and i agree aswell, my self-perception has to be readjusted.. i thought i was overweight when i was 112lbs and then got depressed put on some weight, but now i think how stupid was i for thinking 112lbs was fat.. i think ill just get down to 110lbs then work on toning up etc like my thigh and *kitten* areas
  • aschaldecker
    Options
    Hi,

I'm glad you are hearing the concerns of the people responding. You are wise to reconsider the goal you originally set! :smile:

according to the BMI (Body Mass Index) on this site, a healthy range for someone who is 5' 3" is between 104.4-141.1 lbs.

So, your weight actually falls within the healthy range for your height. That being said, you do have some room to lose some weight if you feel the need to do so.

It sounds like more than losing weight, you may actually benefit more from toning your muscles and making them more defined. Check into exercising and doing strength training to tone your body (this will remove inches from your waist, etc.) and it will define your muscles more to give the look I'm guessing you are actually interested in.

Please be careful and wise in your pursuit.
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options

[/quote

Edited to remove unhelpful post.....good luck with your self discovery/re adjustment :)
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    thankyou for your concern and trying to help i really appretiate it honestly :) and i agree aswell, my self-perception has to be readjusted.. i thought i was overweight when i was 112lbs and then got depressed put on some weight, but now i think how stupid was i for thinking 112lbs was fat.. i think ill just get down to 110lbs then work on toning up etc like my thigh and *kitten* areas

smart cookie. Good luck, do it in a healthy way as a lifestyle and it will last longer...
  • pussycat1997
    Options
    Hi,

I'm glad you are hearing the concerns of the people responding. You are wise to reconsider the goal you originally set! :smile:

according to the BMI (Body Mass Index) on this site, a healthy range for someone who is 5' 3" is between 104.4-141.1 lbs.

So, your weight actually falls within the healthy range for your height. That being said, you do have some room to lose some weight if you feel the need to do so.

It sounds like more than losing weight, you may actually benefit more from toning your muscles and making them more defined. Check into exercising and doing strength training to tone your body (this will remove inches from your waist, etc.) and it will define your muscles more to give the look I'm guessing you are actually interested in.

Please be careful and wise in your pursuit.

thankyoooooooooooou :D
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Im planning to lose 40 pounds by doing turbo fire and chalean extreme in 85 days.. 134.9 to 97lbs

do you think i can achieve this ? any experiences

also add me if your trying to lose weight aswell, i need motivation and someone to talk to about weightloss stuff.. i dont want to do my skinny friends heads in at school heh(a)

Almost 1/2 lb per day of what lost exactly?

And you are going to be doing a workout that is asking your body to try to make improvements? Ya, good luck with that.

If you just want to lose weight and don't care it's muscle mass, then there are easier ways without fooling yourself that you are doing anything beneficial to your body.
    Since muscle can only provide 600 calories of energy per lb, much easier to lose a lb of muscle than 3500 calories in fat.

Obviously at the end of this you'll miss that muscle and whatever fat you do burn.

So here is recipe to lose a bunch of weight fast, and start or continue your yo-yo dieting journey.

1 hr of intense cardio 5 days a week, as intense as you can make it.
    2 days per week, spread out as kind of rest days, 2 hrs of fast walking. (you do need some rest or you'll get sick and ruin the whole attempt.)
    Don't eat more than 1200 calories each day.
    Don't eat more than 100 g, or 400 calories, of carbs each day.
    Don't eat more than 50 g, or 200 calories, of protein each day. (yes, the other 600 calories is fat, very satisfying)

Drink your water. Meal frequency doesn't matter, whatever allows you to make it to the next meal.

With this arrangement, you should always have depleted glucose stores.
    All that intense cardio should be digging into muscle for breakdown to convert to glucose.
    And with little protein, it'll aid it not getting rebuilt.

Since muscle also holds glucose and water, not only less muscle mass that weighs something, but also the less glucose/water stores that weigh something.

With less glucose now, this will further accelerate the muscle burnoff.

You should be able to burn off good 20-25 lbs of muscle this way, of course the rest fat.

Edit: Well shoot, just saw the post that common sense has overtaken yet another foolish goal. I still want someone that said they would go through with the foolishness to report back in - but no one every does! Huh, wonder if they lived?
  • pussycat1997
    Options

So you can gain it all back? Not to be rude it is the truth. Why not just eat healthy and adequately for the whole process, which should be a lifetime, not 'until summer gets here'.....good luck

well true that! i guess ill just make life changes that i can stick to not quick fixes i understand
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Im planning to lose 40 pounds by doing turbo fire and chalean extreme in 85 days.. 134.9 to 97lbs

also add me if your trying to lose weight aswell, i need motivation and someone to talk to about weightloss stuff.. i dont want to do my skinny friends heads in at school heh(a)

Hi, I'm not sure why some of the other posters are *****footing around here- This is a HORRIBLE idea, one of the worst I've read on MFP. First of all, you're not overweight to start with, and the Healthy weight range for a small-framed 5'3" woman is 111-124. A healthy weight loss for someone who is already as petite as you would be about 0.5 lbs/week. 40 lbs in 85 days would put you in the hospital.

Secondly, having a weight goal based on your favorite singer is ludicrous. You have no idea how much that person weighs, and you're going to make irresponsible health choices based on what some flop magazine reports a singer's weight to be?! It's dangerous and stupid.

I frankly don't care that you're going to be pissed off about this post. You need to get real. You're cruising for an eating disorder, and I think having unrealistic ideals about your goals and what your body should be like is already halfway there. Trying this is going to screw up your metabolism, and make you lose muscle if not more serious problems like serious electrolyte imbalances, hormonal disruptions, and heart problems.

And because I know those warnings probably won't get through to you, attempting this going to eventually make you fatter than you are now, because of the reduced metabolism and muscle mass. Once you lose muscle, it's very challenging to get it back, so when you inevitably regain weight, it will be fat in the place of the muscle you lost. Sorry, but that's straight dope truth.
  • pussycat1997
    Options

Almost 1/2 lb per day of what lost exactly?

And you are going to be doing a workout that is asking your body to try to make improvements? Ya, good luck with that.

If you just want to lose weight and don't care it's muscle mass, then there are easier ways without fooling yourself that you are doing anything beneficial to your body.
    Since muscle can only provide 600 calories of energy per lb, much easier to lose a lb of muscle than 3500 calories in fat.

Obviously at the end of this you'll miss that muscle and whatever fat you do burn.

So here is recipe to lose a bunch of weight fast, and start or continue your yo-yo dieting journey.

1 hr of intense cardio 5 days a week, as intense as you can make it.
    2 days per week, spread out as kind of rest days, 2 hrs of fast walking. (you do need some rest or you'll get sick and ruin the whole attempt.)
    Don't eat more than 1200 calories each day.
    Don't eat more than 100 g, or 400 calories, of carbs each day.
    Don't eat more than 50 g, or 200 calories, of protein each day. (yes, the other 600 calories is fat, very satisfying)

Drink your water. Meal frequency doesn't matter, whatever allows you to make it to the next meal.

With this arrangement, you should always have depleted glucose stores.
    All that intense cardio should be digging into muscle for breakdown to convert to glucose.
    And with little protein, it'll aid it not getting rebuilt.

Since muscle also holds glucose and water, not only less muscle mass that weighs something, but also the less glucose/water stores that weigh something.

With less glucose now, this will further accelerate the muscle burnoff.

You should be able to burn off good 45-50 lbs of muscle this way, of course the rest fat.

Edit: Well shoot, just saw the post that common sense has overtaken yet another foolish goal. I still want someone that said they would go through with the foolishness to report back in - but no one every does! Huh, wonder if they lived?

-_- ok thanks, so tell me what i should do then?
  • pussycat1997
    Options

Hi, I'm not sure why some of the other posters are *****footing around here- This is a HORRIBLE idea, one of the worst I've read on MFP. First of all, you're not overweight to start with, and the Healthy weight range for a small-framed 5'3" woman is 111-124. A healthy weight loss for someone who is already as petite as you would be about 0.5 lbs/week. 40 lbs in 85 days would put you in the hospital.

Secondly, having a weight goal based on your favorite singer is ludicrous. You have no idea how much that person weighs, and you're going to make irresponsible health choices based on what some flop magazine reports a singer's weight to be?! It's dangerous and stupid.

I frankly don't care that you're going to be pissed off about this post. You need to get real. You're cruising for an eating disorder, and I think having unrealistic ideals about your goals and what your body should be like is already halfway there. Trying this is going to screw up your metabolism, and make you lose muscle if not more serious problems like serious electrolyte imbalances, hormonal disruptions, and heart problems.

And because I know those warnings probably won't get through to you, attempting this going to eventually make you fatter than you are now, because of the reduced metabolism and muscle mass. Once you lose muscle, it's very challenging to get it back, so when you inevitably regain weight, it will be fat in the place of the muscle you lost. Sorry, but that's straight dope truth.

i knoow its very dangerous and thanks for ur concern but im going to be doing turbo fire and chalean extreme workouts wouldnt that make me gain muscle ?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

i knoow its very dangerous and thanks for ur concern but im going to be doing turbo fire and chalean extreme workouts wouldnt that make me gain muscle ?

There is no workout in the world that could make you gain muscle with the calorie deficit required for a healthy weight person to lose 40 lbs in 85 days.
  • Onema2012
    Options
    Trying to be supportive and not negative - but 2 pounds a day is not realistic. It can be done for sure if you are dedicated, but the chance of it staying off is not high, and there can be side effects that are not desirable.
    2lbs a day??? Strong maths ability! lol

OP, that much weight is possible to lose but it's not a healthy way to go about it. Try 40lbs in 20weeks maybe. 2lbs/week is a good amount to aim for naturally..
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

You need to do heavy weight lifting and eat a surplus of calories (mainly protein based) to increase your muscle mass. You will never ever do that on the type of weight loss plan you are thinking about going on.

If I'm honest when I read your first post I just though WTF? Why would anyone want to be that thin? It doesn't look attractive, it's not healthy (well not when it's not a natural thing, and you are forcing your body to that weight anyway) and ultimately the struggle you will have to keep that weight off in the long run will be horrendous.

It's good that you are listening to people. We're not just disagreeing with you because we're trying to annoy you lol. This website is a brilliant resource and you should use it to find a healthy and sustainable way to achieve the body you want. Believe me I wish I had something like this to help me when I first lost weight, if I did I may of lost it and kept it off instead of crash dieting then putting it back on, several times over!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    -_- ok thanks, so tell me what i should do then?

18yrs, 135 lbs, to 115 muscular lbs, 63" tall.

Don't do those routines more than 5hrs a week. Best to spread out the rest days, not back to back.
    Move up to using as heavy weight as possible. Better if you want to do weight lifting, burns fat better.

Eat 1870 every day, workout or not. If you actually miss an hr workout, skip 150 calories that day. If you make it up, add 150 on that day.

Set macros to Carbs 55%, Protein 25%, Fat 20%.

If you decide to log your workouts, log 1 calorie, or do it after the last meal of the day and meeting that 1870 goal.

This will feed those workouts so you actually get stronger and can burn fat.

Report back after 5 lbs loss, goals will change.