30 Day Shred

Options
2»

Replies

• Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I just finished day 2 of JM's 30 day shred. I realize that its only day 2 but I have been working out 6 days a week for exactly one month and feel really discouraged. Level one totally kicks my *kitten*! I beleive that it will get better and easier but theoretically, does it count if you only do level 1 for the whole 30 days? And are you supposed to do it every day for 30 days with no rest day? Just wondering what the general consensus is on that. Prior to 30DS I was doing workout 1 of her "Kickboxing-Fast Fix" which I thought was pretty intense but I have the whole thing memorized and wanted to switch it up a little.

I'm open to suggestions, comments, and questions, and any other Jillina fanatics out there, feel free to friend me. I'm hooked.

Thanks in advance for your repsonse(s).

Morgan:tongue:

The only person it matters to is you. Do what you can while working up to being able to do the whole thing. If you need to rest, just keep walking in time and keep moving until you can start again. You will be able to finish it eventually. That is a really good goal to set for yourself and there is no rush to reach that goal. Go at your own pace.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

You will see yourself get stronger, but part of that is letting your muscles recover!

^^ This

If you miss out on muscle recovery, then you are missing out on increasing your strength to your full potential. Yes, work your *kitten* off, then let your muscles recover, then tear those muscle fibers all over again. Repeat. It's a process.
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 18 of the Shred, and I've been doing it 3-4x per week, mixing in a bit of walking, yoga, and hula hoop dancing for more overall activity. I did the first 8 days straight but was finding it very hard on my knees, so I decided to take more rest days in between. The high impact jumping stuff can cause knee pain and shin splints, for that stuff I just modify as I feel is needed, some days I go more high impact than others. But WOW I can feel a huge difference in my strength level already, it's amazing!
  • MariahHubert
    MariahHubert Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Dude. Take a deep breath. Trust me, at around day 4-5, you will have no problem doing it.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    Dude. Take a deep breath. Trust me, at around day 4-5, you will have no problem doing it.

so true. If you keep pushing your way through you will get there (I spent most of the first 4 or 5 days swearing at Jillian...and it's totally okay because she can't heard you!! lol)