Low Carb newbie - Nairobi

Hi everyone,
Just started a low (almost No) Carb diet and i'm on day 10. Its been rough but feeling much better.
hardest part is what to drink during meals. i'm on a strict diet, no milk, fruits or fruit juices etc until i complete the 14 day induction period.
Great to be here!

Replies

• fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Welcome!

There is a low carb group too which you might like to join.

good luck
  • kuriandungu
    kuriandungu Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks! I will.
    have a good one.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Hey there,

Been low carbing for months, love it, I also recommend checking out the group.

I don't do milk, much fruit or any fruit juices either ... A few strawberries here and there but that's it.

I've learnt to love dietary fat, lovely stuff :)
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Been on a low-to-no carb diet for about 9 weeks. It was tough going at first, but I have found that I don't miss them so much anymore and even tho I am nowhere near my weight loss goal yet, I feel so much better and don't feel heavy or sluggish anymore. Good luck with your journey - this is the place to be to get inspiration - read some of the success stories - they can truly motivate you to keep on going....2af405e8.png
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    I take it water just doesn't cut it. Make yourself some ice tea, any kind including the herbal brands of tea taste great when cold. Add some mint/lemon and stevia if you must have it sweet. My husband and I drink fizzy mineral water - prefer that over plain water - but don't use high sodium ones or club soda.
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Water! Also tea. If that doesn't cut it and you need the fizz mineral water like perrier is really good. And a great replacement for milk is unsweetened almond milk.