Stupid 30DS question

Options
OK...I've been reading a lot on these forums from people who really like 30DS so I ordered it on Amazon yesterday (yeah...I could have gone to the store and had it right away, but let's not go there). My stupid question is, do you have to do it every day for 30 days in a row? I work out 5 or 6 days a week already and have no problem doing it 6 days a week, but there is one day a week where I am literally too busy to add it (already up before 5 AM and won't get home until 10 PM). Will that throw things off?

Replies

• Ellbie
    Ellbie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    JM actually suggests having at least one rest day a week (1-2), so you'll be fine!

Edit to add: It's actually in Ripped in 30 that she says work out 5-6 days a week, I got the two confused. But I imagine the same principle applies!
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Use it however you are comfortable. It is only 24 min. So I use it on the days I don't have time to do a 50 min workout. It really makes you sweat in a short amount of time. So good for time restricted days.
  • slimmermomma
    slimmermomma Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you don't have to do it everyday for 30 days, I do it 4 days per week, 2 on 1 off plus my rest day on Saturday - I have been doing it for about 40 days now and I plan to keep going until October.
  • tigertrax3
    tigertrax3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I only do the shred 5 or so days a week. I always have a day a week where i do absolutely nothing and it feels wonderful! I've also had to take some days off due to illness and pulled muscles. Those were frustrating days, but i did what i could. I've lost 8 lbs so far and lots of inches. I still have 6 days to go. I hope no one is hurting themselves trying to cram 30 days into 30 days.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Ok...thanks! I know it's silly to worry about, but I am a Type A personality and if something says it needs to be done every day, I get anxious if I don't do it every day.
  • skinnyskittles
    Options
    Use it however you are comfortable. It is only 24 min. So I use it on the days I don't have time to do a 50 min workout. It really makes you sweat in a short amount of time. So good for time restricted days.

This :)
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I did it in August and I did it for 6 days a week and still got great results. I'm doing Ripped in 30 now, also 6 days a week.
  • stacdjen
    stacdjen Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just started doing this video this week and I've decided I'm going to keep with my regular workout schedule and just do 5 days a week and take my usual 2 day rest. It's a great workout and the 20 minutes go by so fast that here lately I feel like I need to go do something else. :)
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I intend to do it 30 Days continuous, but I have only just done Day 6, level one, and I'll try not to beat myself up if I do miss a day.
    I'm thinking if it goes well and I get good results (which I already am) then I'd like to do it each month with 30 days in it (September, November, April, June and possibly February).
    Type A personality and OCD, :embarassed: .
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Jillian answered this question in one of her podcasts.

It was intended to be done:

M-30DS
    T- 30DS
    W-Cardio
    T-30DS
    F-30DS
    S- Cardio
    Rest Sunday

This is how her Body Revolution program is done too. It's front of body Monday and Thursday, back of body Tuesday and Friday, and cardio Wednesday and Saturday.