Been on myfitnesspal a year and never introduced myself.

Hello all my name is Robin I am a registered nurse, who is in Nurse practioner school. I have a daughter who is 3 years old. I have battled with my weight for about 4 years after I had my daughter I went up to 222 on my 5,3 frame I felt horrible I got down to 210 when I joined here, and got down again to 171 and went through a crisis wiith my child's father and went up again now I am 200 pounds and instead of dieting I'm changing my lifestyle. And I love to support people and get the same in return feel free to add me and we can do our journey as pals.....

I don't really know my goal weight but for right now it's 160...

Replies

• Americanpeanut
    Americanpeanut Posts: 17 Member
    Hello Robin!! Thanks for the intro! You sound like a great lady! Good for you for changing your lifestyle! That's what my husband and I joined to do! Please feel free to add me and good luck!! :)
  • I'll add you. We all the need great support and motivation from each other. We can reach our goals quicker that way. You help me and I'll help you!
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    I am also an RN in nurse practitioner school :) The stress from that alone is enough to derail anyone!
  • RobinStarr_RN
    RobinStarr_RN Posts: 26 Member
    I know where are u going?
  • Hi. I've been on Myfitness Pal since January. I use my ipad to keep track. This is the first time I am on the website. I just love this app!!! I couldnt live withiut it. I am a 5 year breast cancer survivor. I thought I would lose weight during treatment but just gained, gained, gained!!! In December, I fell and broke my hand. I decided that I was too heavy to balance myself, and decided to change my life!!! I now walk 6 days a week for about 45 minutes. I walk about 2.5 miles a day on the treadmill. I also do yoga and the balance ball. I have never felt better, and will continue this forever!!!!!
  • HI, my name is Wendy. I have been on MFP for a couple years now kinda hit and miss. But I am trying hard to stick with it this time. I use in on my pc, android and ipod. My son (age 10) is also on MFP. We are trying to make the lifestyle changes together. I know i have a lot of weight to loose, but I just keep making small goals. Every 5 lbs matters!! I am a single parent, work full time, we are also with Cub Scouts too. But somehow we make it all work! :happy:
  • awebs89
    awebs89 Posts: 53 Member
    Hi Robin!

I've been on this site for awhile and didn't introduce myself either. Hopefully getting some support will help
  • I've never introduced myself either and I've been on here for a year as well! So great to meet you! I'm hoping to also receive motivation and encouragement with my weight loss journey. I've had yoyo weight since I graduated highschool (a long time ago) lol. I'm only 5'4 and I'm at 171lbs and I would love to drop at least 30lbs. I've gotten close before but never quite hit the target and now my weight has been slowly but surely climbing back up. I have a problem with eating the right foods, I love fried chicken and pasta waaaaay too much and unfortunately as I get older, it's more difficult to not gain weight when I'm eating those types of foods. Anyways, looking forward to mutual exchanges of motivation with everyone! We can do it!!!!! :smile: