Stress from my 2 year old!

Options
I have found that when my 2 year old has a bad day such as constant temper tantrums I have an unhealthy day... I think it makes me more stresses out than I want to admit. I take steps like counting to 10, reminding myself that this will pass, and so fourth... but really all I want to do is sit down and throw a tantrum full of tear myself. :)

Also- any tips from Mothers on how they avoid cleaning their children's plates (eating the left overs). I have been giving them to the dog since I started tracking, but I will need to find a better option. :)

Thanks!!

Replies

• momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    First, find something else that calms you that isn't junk. Do you like hot tea? I find a cup of hot tea is the perfect thing in the middle of a crazy hectic day.

As for eating off the kids plates, I just don't. When the kids are done they clear their plates themselves (10, 4 and 2 years old) and thats that.
  • BroiledNotFried
    BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Stress from the kids is a real problem for everyone.

Do you notice that it happens on a set schedule? Get outside about an hour before then - doing something engaging and fun with the kids. You'll get exercise, away from the fridge, and they'll get some break too. Bring them back for a healthy snack (or take one with you to the outdoors). After, they will be tired and ready for nap. Physically tired kids beat mentally tired kids.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    It is definitely harder to stay on track when your kids are having a hard day (mine are 11 months and 29 months). When I can tell it's going to be one of those days, I pre-plan and pre log my whole day - it makes it much easier to stay on track.
    I only serve my girls portions I know they are going to finish - it is far easier to serve them more if they are still hungry, than it is to not finish off their food when they are full.
  • majik0516
    majik0516 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My 5 year old can have the same effect on me sometimes, sometimes I'll just leave the room or scream in a pillow or my new favorite which I was really surprised by was exercise. I found I exercise harder when I feel that way and the stress just melts away. As far as the kids leftovers I'm glad we have a dog, or just throw them away (which is hard for me to do because all I think about is how much of a waste that was). Friend me if you like we can get through the tantrums together.