Balsamic Roasted Vegetables.... YUMM!

Raved a/b my roasted veggies for lunch this week and a few friends asked for the recipe. Theoretically you can use whatever veggies you want, just try to find ones that take a/b the same time to cook or add the faster cooking veggies closer to the half way point.

Ingredients

1 small butternut squash can substitute yellow and green squash, cubed
1 red, yellow, orange bell peppers, seeded and quartered
1 red onion, quartered
Mushrooms (as many as you like)
1 cups carrots sliced on a diagnal
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary (or to taste)
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
salt and freshly ground black pepper

1.Preheat oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C).
2.In a large bowl, veggies. Separate the red onion quarters into pieces, and add them to the mixture.
3.In a small bowl, stir together thyme, rosemary, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Toss with vegetables until they are coated. Spread evenly on a large roasting pan.
4.Roast for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, stirring every 10 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through and browned to your desire...

** note bigger chunks of veggies make for juicier results! Enjoy and check back in with your feedback please.

Replies

• I'm definitely trying this!!! Thanks for sharing sweet lady!!
  • Blessedbythebest1
    Blessedbythebest1 Posts: 971 Member
    Can' wait to try these...it sounds DELISH!
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    I did the same thing, only on a grill with hickory smoke. Worked out great.
  • summaryzn
    summaryzn Posts: 113 Member
    when I tell you im no veggie lover... i mean im not but the balsamic and the rosemary seems to just unleash ALL of the hidden flavor in the veggies. i just had some for lunch as a side and on my salad and I think a "moan" of satisfaction might have escaped... hahaha! kinda kidding but not really.
  • Sounds de-lish!