Tips to drop body fat fast?

Options
I'm into the last 2 weeks of a body fat % loss contest at work and the 2nd place contender just passed me. I need to drop as much body fat as possible by September 17th.

Currently 120 lbs, 19% body fat. (Started around 134 lbs, 28% body fat.)

I run 4-5km most weekday mornings and just started doing Stronglifts 3 days a week.

I have access to:
- a small gym at work (1 weight bench, freeweights from 3-30 lbs, pull-up bar, punching bag)
- a collection of DVDs including a lot of Jillian Michaels, vinyasa yoga, Jackie Warner and Insanity

I got cocky and really slacked on my nutrition, but I'm back to eating pretty healthy. Thinking of going really low carb for the next few weeks, definitely at least going no grains/gluten-free.

Caveats:

- I will not do anything stupid like take a bunch of diet pills
- I will work out 2x a day if needed
- I will be strict with my food intake (proper macros, eating clean, not dropping calories dangerously low)

Advice please?

Replies

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Find your BMR, multiply by 1.2, subtract 500, eat that and burn another 500 every day, without eating back your calories. That will get you to lose 2 lb/week. You can't lose any faster than that without having issues.

If you do that for 2 weeks, it won't have any negative effects. Just jump back up to a more sustainable weight loss after the 2 weeks are over.
  • paul_draper
    paul_draper Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    It's not a contest, it's your health. If you lose take it with good grace and celebrate that you have both lost weight.t
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    It's not a contest, it's your health.
    That's why I specifically said I wasn't looking for unhealthy advice. Clearly you don't work with anybody as loud and boastful as I do, I'm damn sure not going to have to put up with him gloating for the next year.
  • RawVeganFlirt
    RawVeganFlirt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    all i can say is definitely lift weights with the intent to gain muscle
    more muscle mass = less fat mass
    more muscle mass = more calories burned at rest
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Thanks. We just got some gym equipment at the software company I work for so I started Stronglifts this week, I fear I left the strength training until too late. On the bright side so did my competitor, he's been starving himself and at least I've been doing a fair bit of cardio & yoga more than extreme deprivation.