I did what at one time seemed impossible

Well a little about me 48 yrs old, 5'6" highest weight ever 257. I had a gastric Bypass in 2002 which helped me lose 119 lbs. However it's easy to put the weight back on, so over time I grazed on nuts and junk food until I was back at 206. In May I decided it was time to do something about it. I have lost 43 Lbs. so far which is great, but more importantly I'm eating better than ever before. Much more of a plant based diet.

My sucess losing weight and exercising has been great. Now I must reveal, I have NEVER run a mile in my life. Every other time I tried, lungs exploding, side stiches, cramps, exhaustion always make me stop. Last night I ran my first mile ever on a local trail with hills to boot. Then I walked two miiles and wait for it...decidied I had it in me to run 1 more mile. I ran two miles & walked 2 miles.

I feel a 5K coming on!

Each day is just another step, each day gets better, easier than the day before. Push yourself just a little further who knows what we can accomplish!

Peace~

Replies

• raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    That's fantastic! Great job!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Wow! Awesome story! You are such an inspiration to those who think they can't run (like me!) Great job!
  • That's amazing! Well done you. I too found running impossible until recently. When I ran my first ever mile I couldn't stop smiling for days. It's a fantastic feeling, like you've joined some select club of people who can run. Next stop 5k, enjoy it!
  • pmaxson
    pmaxson Posts: 137
    That is fabulous! You must feel so wonderful. Running is hard and to go out there and do not only one but two, with two miles walked! Woo hoo! You rock!

I'm 46 and in the best physical shape in my life - I'm proud of you for conquering that mile. We only get better with age.

Great job!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    WOW, great work!
  • Great job, before you know it you will be running the whole 4 miles!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!