Any other new moms out there recovering from a C-section?

Options
I was already a member of MFP for a year or so when I got pregnant with my little lovely, so I am no newbie to the weight loss boat. I gained a total of 24 lbs during pregnancy, 21 of which I have shed in the 17 days I've been postpartum, thanks to breastfeeding (I LOVE breastfeeding... I've been trying to figure out how to burn calories while sitting on the couch and snuggling for years!). I had a caesarian, so other than walks to get my oldest daughter from school and eating healthy foods, I haven't been doing too much to aid in my weight loss endeavors. Wondering what any of you are doing out there while you recover?

And congrats on your new babies! I'm so in love with ours!

Replies

• sarahbeth913
    sarahbeth913 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have a 3yo and a 1yo both born c-section. My first C was a nightmare! It took me a year to get back to "normal." This second one was a breeze. I was normal in 3 weeks and began working out at 6 weeks. I fell in love with the Jillian michaels 30 shred DVD. Lost tons of inches and about 8 lbs in a month and a half. I then injured my foot pretty bad and I'm only allowed walking now. Stinks. My sister in law uses "Momma wants her body back." she says it's AMAZING and she's lost a lot of weight. I hope this helps. And! Breastfeeding is AWESOME. I nursed both of my dudes ;) Good luck, feel free to friend me if you want. :)
    PS. I was almost 30 lbs overweight when I got preggers with my first and I was almost 50 lbs overweight when I got preggers with my second. I've lost 42 of the 80. Don't give up! It's a great feeling