New to site, same old struggle

Options
:ohwell:

I've been unhappy with my weight for over a decade, but can't seem to lose more than 5 or 6 pounds, then I put it back on with extra. Need motivation. Need ideas.

Glad to be here!

Replies

• Sweeteepi
    Sweeteepi Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That is my story also. I get to about 8, and then for some reason...fall apart. I'm not sure if it's boredom with food, boredom with exercise, or just falling back into the old routine. It's hard wanting something so badly, but not being able to do the work to get it. And my weight is the only thing I do that with. Hmmmmmmmmmm... Good luck!!

I'll send you a friend! :smile: Maybe we can help motivate each other get past the 5, 6, 7 and 8 lbs. mark.
  • gabbymom2
    gabbymom2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sounds like me!!!! Need some support, add me,
  • not2late
    not2late Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their own personal goals or target to help them on their way. My target is not a weight but a 20 year old pair of 501's :) I just keep trying them on as a reminder :)

The other thing is that as my weight falls I donate to charity shops the now too big clothes so there is no way back :)

You can find something that works for you, you know you best.
  • awebs89
    awebs89 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Same problem, I've been on this site on and off forever and can't find the motivation to lose any weight.

Hopefully this time is different...

Good luck!
  • stubbseyt
    stubbseyt Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    that was my story until I tried the Atkins Diet, now i have a steady eating plan without the highs and lows of apitite and cravings. i sleep better, i feel stronger and healthier and low fat high carb diets have never really worked for me. Even serious scientists are having to say that Atkins is not the unhealthy diet they always painted it out to be!
  • wolfwalker67
    Options
    I am new to this site as well (joined 2 days ago). I have struggled with my weight for years. Mangaged to lose 40lbs and get down to 146lbs several years ago but could not maintain it. Now I have gained all that back and 30 more. After years of yo yo dieting I have determined that I am a food addict. I think about food all the time, what am I going to eat, when am I going to eat, etc. I also hide what I eat from my family. I am and RN and I know that none of this is healthly. I am hoping this site will give me the tools to get this weight off and keep it off.:smile: