Paleo breakfast

Options
My standard morning meal is usually oatmeal. I wanted to try paleo for a few weeks to see how it goes. I'm looking for some quick paleo friendly breakfast ideas. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Replies

• roohill
    roohill Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm also interested in some Paleo tips and recipes. so... "BUMP"
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Leftovers from last night's paleo dinner

Eggs and veggies.

No-oatmeal: http://cavemanstrong.com/2011/01/no-oatmeal/ (I usually simplify - banana, almond butter, eggs, spices. Mash in a bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir. Microwave, stir. Microwave, stir. Eat.)
  • GetFitKris6709
    GetFitKris6709 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    http://mariahealth.blogspot.com/2012/04/protein-pudding-and-babys-1st-foods.html

Awesome Paleo Pudding which can be a good quick breakfast!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Bacon and eggs
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    bump
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    fruity pebbles
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Sautee spinach. Add 3/4 cup egg beaters and I also add some feta cheese. Yummy, low cal, high protien, low carb.
  • Awake_Alive
    Awake_Alive Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    This isn't really "quick", but it doesn't take too long, and it's heavy, so it will last through the morning. It makes two hearty portions, so if you made two pancakes at a time, you could have four days of breakfast! It is SO good that my carb addicted daughter prefers this pancake to a traditional, which is one of her favorite foods!

**As a side note, I take out the nutmeg and increase the cinnamon, just my preference!

Big. *kitten*. Pancake.

1-2 Tbsp. coconut oil or butter, for cooking

1/2 sweet potato, grated OR 1/2 pear, cored and sliced thinly (or 1/2 sliced apple, 1 sliced banana, couple handfuls of berries, sky’s the limit here)

1/2 cup nuts, chopped or slivered (optional—pecans are great with sweet potato, almonds with pear, etc.)

4 eggs

1/3 cup coconut milk

2 Tbsp. coconut flour

1/4 tsp. baking powder

2 tsp. vanilla extract

1 tsp. cinnamon

1/2 tsp. nutmeg

dash of salt

butter and maple syrup, for serving

1) Melt coconut oil or butter in ovenproof 10-inch skillet set over medium-high heat. Add sweet potato/pear/whatever you’re using, stirring until softened, about 5-6 minutes.

2) Meanwhile, add eggs through salt to a blender. Whirl until combined.

3) When the stuff in the skillet is ready, sprinkle nuts over and pour egg mixture in. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook until mostly set and edges are beginning to dry, about 10 minutes.

4) Fire up your broiler and place the uncovered skillet about 6 inches beneath the flames to finish cooking. Keep an eye on it, it’s ready when top is set and a few brown spots appear, which shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes. Flip over onto a heatproof cutting board, slice up, and dig in.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I love switching up food. Sometimes paleo but anything for too long is too restrictive. Gotta switch it up. Its the main reason diets dont work long term. But I've tried every diet out there and learned something from all of them so I like to cherry pick. Feel free to read my story on bobbies fitness blog. I'm not a seller of any products. I'm just super passionate about how my life has changed.

Have fun! Most of all enjoy food and have fun!
  • christimw
    christimw Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    i eat bacon and eggs mostly if i have breakfast. or ham or sausage. eggs always cooked in the bacon fat or butter. sometimes i'll get a little wild and throw in some spinach with garlic.

if there is leftovers from supper the night before i may eat that. especially pork chops or tenderloin. quite often i'm not hungry until around noon then my "breakfast" is usually some type of meat with a cup of veggies.

my husband made these sausage, egg, and pepper "muffin" things that he liked. they looked too gross for me to try. lol
  • hopsonc24
    hopsonc24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Leftovers from last night's paleo dinner

Eggs and veggies.

No-oatmeal: http://cavemanstrong.com/2011/01/no-oatmeal/ (I usually simplify - banana, almond butter, eggs, spices. Mash in a bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir. Microwave, stir. Microwave, stir. Eat.)

I had the no oat oatmeal for breakfast yesterday and it was delicious!!!!! Banana Pancake with fresh Blueberries for breakfast this am, ver y good!! Nice alternative to eggs.
  • hopsonc24
    Options
    My standard morning meal is usually oatmeal. I wanted to try paleo for a few weeks to see how it goes. I'm looking for some quick paleo friendly breakfast ideas. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
    Check out paleoplan.com for delicious recipes for all meals!!!

Have been paleo for 2 months and I swear by that website and the everyday paleo cookbook!

No oat oatmeal, amazing....banana pancakes....delicious, pumpkin pancakes....incredible....breaded spicy porkchops (for dinner)....the bomb! I could go on and on...Hopefully you get the point, which is eating paleo is delicious!!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    freshstoneagemeat1.jpg
  • hopsonc24
    Options
    i eat bacon and eggs mostly if i have breakfast. or ham or sausage. eggs always cooked in the bacon fat or butter. sometimes i'll get a little wild and throw in some spinach with garlic.

if there is leftovers from supper the night before i may eat that. especially pork chops or tenderloin. quite often i'm not hungry until around noon then my "breakfast" is usually some type of meat with a cup of veggies.

my husband made these sausage, egg, and pepper "muffin" things that he liked. they looked too gross for me to try. lol

The egg muffins or egg cupcakes are really actually quite tasty and you can customize them to your taste. They stay good for 3-4 days so you can make a batch on sun and have several days worth of breakfast ready to go!
  • Paw4awhile
    Options
    Hi
    I didn't understand what Paleo was so did some research & found this site :- http://robbwolf.com/what-is-the-paleo-diet/ . From there I went to the forums & found a recipe for Paleo Breakfast Pie & you can find it here:- http://www.instructables.com/id/Paleo-Breakfast-Pie/ . It look like a good site to help & I shall be checking it out further.
  • ahdimperio
    ahdimperio Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Is this considered Paleo?

2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 frozen banana
    2 Tbsp almond butter
    1 Tbsp cocoa powder
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big morning meat eater, so I usually eat 2 pastured eggs fried in coconut oil, or poached. Put on top of 1/2 avocado with some salt, pepper, and maybe some paprika on top. Or, eggs with salsa and guacamole. That keeps me happy until 1 or 2p.

If I'm pressed for time, I make bulletproof coffee. Coffee with 1 TB unsalted grass-fed butter and 1 TB coconut oil (or MCT oil). Blend and enjoy creamy heaven. Plenty of healthy fats to keep you happy until lunch.
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    freshstoneagemeat1.jpg

Very funny and disturbing at the same time.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    crustless quiche...12 eggs with some veggies baked and topped with bacon.
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Sautee spinach. Add 3/4 cup egg beaters and I also add some feta cheese. Yummy, low cal, high protien, low carb.

Sorry but egg beaters are not Paleo. It goes against the theories of Paleo in eating natural, whole foods in their normal, unprocessed state. Feta cheese isn't Paleo, but rather Primal with the addition of dairy, even from sheep. Instead, opt for farm fresh eggs in their natural form from chickens who are raised in sunshine and allowed to eat bugs. Use some grass fed butter or bacon grease to sautee your spinach in.

My personal favorite is a veggie omelette smothered in guacamole. But I don't typically eat breakfast due to time constraints, so it's usually bulletproof coffee.