Pole Passion

Options
The pole studio that I go to had a write up in a local paper that asked for reviews and this is what I wrote:

If you could go to a fitness studio that teaches you a variety of movements that enhance your core, strength and endurance all while being surrounded by supportive classmates and teachers, would you go? What about exercise that makes you feel like a kid on a playground again, smiling, laughing and really trying to achieve that next big thing? All of those things are possible in pole class (and other fun classes too!) at Lady Katherine Women's Fitness! Spinning around the pole, I feel free; holding an inverted pose, I feel strong; after class I feel happy! I can't imagine anything better in a fitness class.

For those that do pole: how else would you describe your experiences and what they mean to you?

Replies

• 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted to try this! So glad to hear even more positive reviews from it, the strength you would build from going regularly and training properly would be INSANE, still wanting to goo darn it ! One day :cry:
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Try it! I wanted to do it for years and now I'm glad I'm in it!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    my husband built a temporary pole for our boat (it was for a big redneck yacht club party he went to). for labor day i had him bring it along on our day trip with my girlfriends. tried it out and let me tell you my arms and core were sore for 2 days! that is a serious workout!
  • tniemeyer
    Options
    I have thought about trying pole classes for a while now. I think it would be a blast! My concern is if I have the upper body strength and coordination to do it.
  • vinsonh42
    Options
    I am totally gonna take classes when I lose some weight. I have always wanted to. Just looks like so much fun!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    When I have a woman in my life, and a house, there will be a pole installed somewhere in it.
  • hellotherecupcake
    Options
    I was only able to take three classes before I had to stop, but I enjoyed those three classes! It was so fun and really felt like a work out! Definitely want to get back on that once money isn't tight. :)
  • Nikkerz620
    Nikkerz620 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I took a class when I was in Vegas.. It was so much fun and yes a def workout!

Wish they had something near me that offered classes like that. Nearest one is 45 minutes away.. BOO!!
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I would love to try this class, I noticed something in Groupon the other day. I am glad to hear great reviews, since it is on my fitness bucket list.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I want to try this but I'm kind of afraid I'm going to somehow slip or fall off and bust something. :laugh:
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    i never took a class but I did do pole dancing once in a club bck about 4 years ago :bigsmile:
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Ive been considering joining a poledancing class... Its a bit pricey and over an hour of a trip to nearest class... if I wait a bit hopefully someone else will start a class nearer to home
  • HeiressRoxy
    Options
    That is my next goal to try pole dancing. You are correct it is a strength and endurance activity, not to mention fun, fun, and more fun!
  • HappyathomeMN
    Options
    my husband built a temporary pole for our boat (it was for a big redneck yacht club party he went to). for labor day i had him bring it along on our day trip with my girlfriends. tried it out and let me tell you my arms and core were sore for 2 days! that is a serious workout!

There are actually poles made for boats (I found them on amazon!).
    I am hoping to get the x-pole xpert for my birthday at the end of the month :-) It's what is in the studio and I like them alot better than the lil'minx one I currently have at home.
  • robmcd88
    robmcd88 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I was confused by the vague description when I signed up for it at the gym. I showed up for class… It just wasn’t for me.
  • HappyathomeMN
    Options
    I was confused by the vague description when I signed up for it at the gym. I showed up for class… It just wasn’t for me.

:laugh: :laugh:

There are men who do pole work too :wink:
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options

There are actually poles made for boats (I found them on amazon!).
    I am hoping to get the x-pole xpert for my birthday at the end of the month :-) It's what is in the studio and I like them alot better than the lil'minx one I currently have at home.

hubby was all about building it - have to say he did a good job