New! Need some help....

Options
Hi all! I am new to the site, about 3 days in. I have a lot of weight to lose. And I am feeling pretty overwhelmed. Discouraged. Like I will never get there...

Anyone willing to be my "buddy"? I need someone to hold myself accountable to. And someone to be honest, encouraging, and inspiring!

Also.........I AM STARVING!!!!!!!!! Any tips on how to curb the hunger?! Feel tired, weak, shaky, stomach is growling & feels empty..............BLAH!!

Anyway, I am still learning my way around. Been tracking food, water & exercise as well as blog posts. Hope to drop 20 by Christmas!! I

Replies

• ItsTheBeebs
    Options
    It will be VERY hard to achieve your goals, but if you are willing to put the time in then you should see results!

any help you want message me and i will try to get things rolling with a routine/nutrition help (i dont like the word diet!!)
  • GamerGurl729
    GamerGurl729 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm also new and about 3 days in. Yesterday I was the same as you: weak, shaky, etc.

I even started having hallucinations at one point. :huh:

My blood sugar tends to get low, so I'm sure that's the culprit. Today I changed my game plan. I'm still trying to stay at the recommended 1200 calories, but I'm filling up on more fruits and veggies and eating throughout the day instead of just the three regular meals. So far today I'm feeling better than yesterday. I will see how the rest of the day progresses and if I start feeling like I did yesterday, I may re-evaluate my calorie intake and come up with something more realistic. After all, I can't stay on a plan that makes me feel that bad.

Feel free to add me. I wish you the very best of luck. :smile:
  • PhiliciousCurves
    PhiliciousCurves Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    20lbs in the next 3 1/2 months? Of course, its doable, but as ItsTheBeebs said, it's hard work, but if you willing to put in the time, you can achieve your goal!

I'm working toward a 40 to 50lb weight loss before my next birthday, and although I have a long way to go, I find it challenging; however, I'm taking it one day at a time. Nonetheless, you can send me a friend invite if you choose so that we can motivate one another and get this weight off! For good!!

By the way, congratulations on your son's soon-to-be graduation!
  • tdhighfill
    tdhighfill Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm one week in and have about 100 lbs to loose. I think MFP is going to be the key to my success (FINALLY) - so friend me if you want. I have my food diary open for friends to see - it may help. Like I said I'm only one week in...but I am loving MFP and the friends and support I have in just a week is wonderful.
  • Larissafaith
    Options
    I'm only a few days in too and am looking for some buddies, feel free to add me! I've been drinking tonnes and tonnes of water, that's stopped me feeling too hungry... Good luck with your goals!
  • MrsD07
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am sending requests to you all.....in total I have about 105 lbs to lose. That's the first time I have said the number out loud in "public"

GamerGurl, let me know how you made out with the fruits and veggies plan......hope it helps!!!

Thanks for the warm welcome all and your encouragement! I'm going to need it for sure.

Now on to day 4.............
  • lostinthe619
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well, always happy to support those willing to do the hard work to get the results that they'd like.