Hello from Nebraska

fortissimo
fortissimo Posts: 3
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I've been a member for a while but decided to jump in tonight.

At the end of October, we had our family picture taken. I was devastated. The person I see in the mirror never really resembles the person in the picture.. and in my head, I'm still 22 years old instead of 38... so the picture of that fat woman smiling with her husband and two children just made me so sad. I had enough.

I joined up to our local YMCA November 5. I'm one of those people that when faced with a challenge, I go feet first and no one is going to stop me. I've gone to the gym almost every single day since joining and have dropped 13lbs. I'm focusing on what I eat, how much water I drink, and I get this odd sense of joy when I surpass my previous goals. I started out at 250, and my goal right now is 200. After 200, the ultimate goal is 150 or 160. The biggest accomplish so far, the sudden decrease in the double chin that I hate the most. I can hide the fat tummy and the big thighs, but that chin is front and center, and it's getting smaller!

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    I've been a member for a while but decided to jump in tonight.

At the end of October, we had our family picture taken. I was devastated. The person I see in the mirror never really resembles the person in the picture.. and in my head, I'm still 22 years old instead of 38... so the picture of that fat woman smiling with her husband and two children just made me so sad. I had enough.

I joined up to our local YMCA November 5. I'm one of those people that when faced with a challenge, I go feet first and no one is going to stop me. I've gone to the gym almost every single day since joining and have dropped 13lbs. I'm focusing on what I eat, how much water I drink, and I get this odd sense of joy when I surpass my previous goals. I started out at 250, and my goal right now is 200. After 200, the ultimate goal is 150 or 160. The biggest accomplish so far, the sudden decrease in the double chin that I hate the most. I can hide the fat tummy and the big thighs, but that chin is front and center, and it's getting smaller!

Congratulations on the great job you're doing! :flowerforyou: Keep it up, and before you know it, you WILL be at your goal! :smile: And let me tell you, it's a GREAT feeling! :bigsmile:
    I remember feeling the same way when I looked at pics of myself. :noway: I'd delete them off the digital any chance I got, or tore them up if they were on paper! :grumble: And if I DID ever allow pics to be taken, I'd always say "take it from the waist up". :blushing: Now I'm wishing I HAD a few of those gawd awful pics to post on MFP, to really show how much I've changed! :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.