Billy Blanks Tae Bo DVD Recommendations?

Options
This morning I dusted off my old Billy Blanks Tae Bo DVD. It's the one from 1999 with the yellow cover (Instructional, Basic, Advanced, 8 minute)? After I stopped giggling over Billy's red tights and the datedness of the video, I was reminded what a great workout this is.

I see that he has released a lot of Tae Bo workout DVDs since that time. Any recommendations on any of his newer Tae Bo DVDs? I am at the Advanced level on the old DVD. Thanks!

Replies

• amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    bump-I'm interested to hear what others recommend too!
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    collagevideo.com This site provides video clips & reviews. It gives you a good idea as to what you are getting.

http://www.collagevideo.com/searchresults.aspx?type=all&search=billy+blanks

His newer ones ..... (2011+) get good reviews. I have "This is Tae Bo" (newer) .... it's straight forward and well done IMO.
  • The_Irish_Owl
    The_Irish_Owl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like the boot camp DVDs
  • goldnindigo
    Options
    Try the Bootcamp series. I have been on and off with them for the past couple years and have finally decided to dedicate to them. I suggest to get the whole series plus the resistance bands, which make a big difference in your workout. Since the resistance is the band and your own weight, it will remain a challenge even as you become more fit.

If you are interested in even more advanced (and recent) Billy Blanks DVDs, check out his websites:
    http://www.billyblanks.org/
    http://billyblanks.com/

Hope this helps!
    Good luck!
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    There are several of his workouts on YouTube.
  • soulfulsally
    Options
    Check to see if any libraries in your area have his DVDs. Mine do, and it's nice to borrow the DVD first to see if I'll like it enough to buy.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Not sure dvds are good but I read somewhere recently that Tae Bo is an awesome way to lose weight and get fit
  • jecka93
    jecka93 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Cardio circuit 1, Insane Abs are fantastic!
    I want to try Celebrity Sculpt too, it looks INSANE :)
  • RockstarJ
    Options
    Personally I like the Billy Blanks PT 24/7 workout set. 7 dvds with gloves, foot straps, and resistance bands. Pretty fun.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I believe this is the definitive Tae Bo thread. All the information you seek is contained within

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/749572-can-you-lose-weight-with-tae-bo?hl=taebo
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Bump plus gonna check out that other thread

Btw i just checked out that other thread & it seems to be full of trolling...
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Oh & some of his workouts are on YT, i might do one this weekend!
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I did 2 this morning on Youtube :smile:
  • Megh757
    Megh757 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The old ones were deff my fav...maybe because they were the first idk but I still love them!
  • lilwalt99
    lilwalt99 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have the original ones and the Amped. They are a really good workout. I need to dust those off again.
  • gabiinacio
    gabiinacio Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Cardio Inferno is really good, it was difficult for me to actually finish the video at first. lol
  • gvdoliver
    gvdoliver Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bootcamp is a great one - 4 dvd's, all the red paints you can laugh at, I love it and use it as a random workout instead of the gym some days
  • tooliebell
    tooliebell Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Interesting to hear others still doing the oldies! I have the oldies as well and love them. I need to find the advanced but doing the basic is a great workout, just not quite long enough. Gotta love the bright color of his workout gear!!!
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    My wife was really into Tae Bo over the years, though lately as shes really worked hard getting in shape, and she added in Kenpo X from P90X and some Turbofire Videos (which are both somewhat similar workouts to Tae Bo). Over time she's pretty much quit doing Tae Bo videos as they've become pitifully easy.

So... if you are looking for a more challenging but similar workout, Kenpo X and Turbofire are things worth trying.