Healthy Smoothies Anyone?

Options
akb2006
akb2006 Posts: 198 Member
I need some recipes for healthy smoothies? I'd like to keep it under 300-400 calories.

I have been trying 1 cup of orange juice, ice cubes, 1/2 cup of pineapple 1/2 cup of berries 1 banana and thats been OK but I'd like something vanilla flavored. I tried chocolate milk based smoothie and that didn't turn out right. It was ok but powdery tasting or something.

Replies

• cwiley360
    Options
    i have been mixing 1/2 cup skim milk, whey protein powder and using a 100 calorie fudgsicle and it comes in as a pretty good balanced low fat smoothie...and kind of like a milk shake cause the fudge pop is frozen so makes it real cold
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I add 100 g yoplait 0% yoptimal vanilla yogurt, 1 cup of mixed frozen berries, 1 banana, 1 packet of Emergen-C Raspberry and blend. I add a little water to get it to the consistency I want. 1.5 cups = 180 cals
  • Emdog24
    Emdog24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My fav smoothie is a half a cup of vanilla soy milk, a small banana, and frozen strawberries (5-6) which helps with the slushiness. Add ice cubes as needed. I also like to add just a little bit of honey sometimes too
  • allisontaylor
    Options
    My suggestion is 1/2 cup Stonyfield Farms Fat Free French Vanilla Yogurt (it's organic) mixed with 1 cup frozen fruit (try strawberries, bananas, mango, pineapple, blueberries, etc.) and add milk, juice, or water to get the desired consistency. I also like to add 1 tablespoon of wheat germ and maybe a little cinnamon. Enjoy!