Eating calories that you exerice

Options
Help it is 805pm and it is telling me I need to eat 2800 more Calories! I am on a 1200 calorie diet and burned 2800 calories today and need to eat 2800 calories by 9pm? This is bizarre......... any suggestions?

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Help it is 805pm and it is telling me I need to eat 2800 more Calories! I am on a 1200 calorie diet and burned 2800 calories today and need to eat 2800 calories by 9pm? This is bizarre......... any suggestions?

That's precisely why I'm forever suggesting that members log their foods and exercises in advance. THEN you know EXACTLY where you stand each day. I sometimes log 3 and 4 days ahead.
    I guess all I can tell you is to eat a nice thick peanut butter sandwhich with a big glass of milk. That should eat up a big chunk of your calories anyway! :wink:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious. What did you do to burn 2800 calories in a day?
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious. What did you do to burn 2800 calories in a day?

I kinda wondered that too. I have to dance my heart out or jog in place for a half hour just to burn around a hundred! :grumble: :laugh:
  • kcdore_2469
    Options
    I did 1 hour kickboxing class
    1 hour spin class
    1.5 hours treadmill at 11% incline 3.5 MPH
    30 min Zumba
    1 hour Total body conditioning Class
    15 min abductor and thighs...
    200 crunches

I work my butt off 5 days a week. I am usually at the gym for 3-5 hours 5 times a week.
    This is new for me.... I have lost 30 pounds since Sept 1st and my hubby comes home in Jan from Afghanstan and we will celebrate 10 years of marriage in Feb.... I want to look the way I did when we first got married

Katrina
    Starting 216
    Current 186
    Goal 145-150
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
    WOW. Some Saturdays (and I do mean only maybe one a month), I do 3 hours and have to go home and take a nap. That's amazing!!! Careful. Make sure your husband still recognizes you :wink: Great job!
  • nisku
    nisku Posts: 6
    Options
    that is fantastic. You are a machine!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    The best example I can give is Michael Phelps. Take a look at how long he trained every day (6 to 8 hours) for and how many calories he ate (between 9 and 12000 calories a day, of which probably 3000 to 3500 are part of his Active Metabolic Rate; and he's probably 5-6% body fat). And look at how thin his body is. You NEED to plan your eating if you are going to be working out that long. Without giving your body the calories it needs consistently you'll cause your body to doubt that it can sustain the higher energy level, and (this is all in layman's terms) your body will store extra fat and start shutting down non-vital organs. That doesn't mean you can't do it (although you should make sure you have plenty of recovery days if you are going to be pushing your body that hard), it just means you need to really think hard about what you're eating and how much exercise you will be doing.